23

Chapter 23

"You know I'll fight my cornerAnd maybe tonight I'll call yaAfter my blood is drowning in alcoholNo I just wanna hold yaGive a little time to me or burn this outWe'll play hide and seek to turn this aroundAll I want is the taste that your lips all...

And maybe tonight I'll call ya
After my blood is drowning in alcohol
No I just wanna hold ya
Give a little time to me or burn this out
We'll play hide and seek to turn this around
All I want is the taste that your lips allow
My, my, my, my, oh give me love."
-Ed Sheeren, Give Me Love.

***

It was around 2 PM when we landed back in Avalon. The whole way, neither of us spoke. I was angry. Hurt. And most importantly, confused. I was so confused. None of just what happened made sense in any way. I was drowning in my own thoughts throughout the whole ride, trying to make it all connect somehow.

A huge part of me knew Damon wasn't really using me like how he claimed. I barely had anything to offer for someone like him. I wasn't special. If he really was looking for a good time or a distraction, he would have had lines of women much prettier and hotter than me to choose from. But also, the way he treated me had no sane explanation. He was talking to me as if he never gave an actual damn about me. He threw me out like dirt. Hell, he wouldn't even say a proper good morning after last night.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. Last night was like a beautiful dream to me and Damon just really had to wake me up to such nightmare this way. A nightmare that seems to be real. That I actually was back here, in Avalon, no Damon in my life anymore. I doubted he would want to keep in contact after the shit he said.

Meaning, I was about to get trapped between those palace walls, again, trying to fix a broken heart on my own, again.

How much more can I handle? How many times will the universe have to step on me before finally letting me live a happy in peace? That's if I was ever actually going to find either peace or happiness.

I had both of these things when I was with Damon. And more. I thought to myself. But with the Damon I fell in love with. The Damon I slept against last night, not that stranger who I woke up facing.

Javier parked behind our castle.
"It would be a very bad idea if I parked near the gates. If anyone sees me with you, I'll get shot on spot without a doubt. Is it okay for you to walk to the gate or do you want me to walk with you? I don't mind. I can stop a few feet away to make sure you-"

"It's fine, Javier. Thank you. But I'll be fine." I gave him a small smile. I opened my door before pausing my movements.

"Um..." I turned to look at him. I will miss those friendly dark blue eyes. God mafia people are so weird. "Thank you for being a great friend. It all ended rather, weirdly, but I would never forget how sweet you were to me. I'll hopefully see you again, Javier, one day."