25

Chapter 25

"I wish we were both somebody elseSo you wouldn't be somebody else'sI don't wanna lay here by myselfAin't afraid to say I'm selfishDon't wanna lie to you, don't wanna promise somethingKnowin' I can't come through, toast over this discussionMore of...

So you wouldn't be somebody else's
I don't wanna lay here by myself
Ain't afraid to say I'm selfish
Don't wanna lie to you, don't wanna promise something
Knowin' I can't come through, toast over this discussion
More of ignoring the rules, too close, and then we're touching
Now we're both confused, well I know"
-Saint Jhn, Selfish

Damon's POV

The palace was absolutely filled with people tonight. It reminded me of the night I met Luna for the first time. On that one terrace. God, I thought she was the most angelic looking person in existence. I remember how dumb I thought of myself to get attracted to a damn Princess while leading a whole mafia. It didn't make sense. People like her live in a completely different world than ours. They're like two alternating universes.

Yet, look where we've came to, I thought. I threw my cigarette away and made my way back inside.

"Hey," I heard a female voice. Then someone placed a hand on my arm. I stopped and looked next to me to find a brunette with short hair with green eyes smiling at me. She was beautiful, but she was nowhere near as beautiful as Luna, though. No one could compare to Luna.

"Yes?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her. She tugged a piece of hair behind her eyes.

"Every single woman in this room has been eyeing you all night, but none that have made their moves so far, so I thought I'd be a first." She said with a slight shrug.

"That's sweet. But I came here for someone, I'm sorry." I said and tried to leave, before she held my arm again. I stared at her. What now?

"You don't think you can just have one drink with me? You might change your mind, you never know." She tried again, flashing me a set of her perfectly pearly teeth.

I shook my head at her and left without saying a word. Did she not hear me the first time?

And as I walked back into the ballroom, I saw her, and I felt my heart aching and dancing around at the same time.

There she was. Who I've been looking for the whole night.

Luna stood talking to two men and a woman. She wore a fitting dark blue dress that was only straps on the back and had a short tail thing trailing behind her, and that dress did wonders to her body. She looked tall, sleek and elegant. She overall looked even more breathtaking than usual, I don't know how she manages to do that. It's like every time I look at her she becomes even more beautiful. Her gorgeous face was glowing as she talked right now.

She seemed.. different. She was beaming. I couldn't help smiling at the sight of her. She was happy, and that itself warmed my heart. At least there was no man by her side, so hopefully that glow of hers tonight isn't related to no other man. It's been barely two weeks, she couldn't have moved on that fast. Right?