15

Chapter 15

Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soulI can tell you there's no place we couldn't goJust put your hand on the pastI'm here tryna pull you throughYou just gotta be strongI don't wanna lose you nowI'm lookin' right at the other ha...

I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go
Just put your hand on the past
I'm here tryna pull you through
You just gotta be strong
I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that sat in my heart
Is a space that now you hold"
-Justin Timberlake, Mirror

****

Damon and I reached a set of stairs, and as I climbed up, I saw roses everywhere on the ground. I turned to Damon for a moment with disbelief and excitement at the same time. He did not.

A trail of roses and candles led us to a deck with nothing but a table of two, with roses and two candles on the table. There was a plate with a silver dome cover, with soft music playing in the background, not sure from where's the source. I couldn't help the smile taking over my face. I've never had anyone doing something like this to me. Damon pulled a chair for me and I sat down, then he sat on the one across from me.

"Thank you. I really don't know what to say, this is beautiful." I said. He picked one of my hands and kissed the back of it.

"You deserve the world, angel." He said. I bit my lip to contain the smile a bit. My eyes landed on the plate in front of me, then glanced up at Damon.

"Why don't you have one of these?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Open up." He simply said. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and removed the lid.

There was a medium sized red box, with an elegant looking note on top of it. I slowly observed this, picking up the note first and opened it.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I read the sentence and looked up at Damon, grinning.

"We acted like a couple all the time but I realized I never properly asked you this. So here I am." He said with a smirk. Without much thinking I reached for his hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Well my answer is yes, Damon. I would love to." I answered softly. He smiled and kissed my hand again.

Then I gently pulled my hand back to open the box. There was a breathtaking necklace with a small-sized heart shaped diamond pendant. The diamond piece was so shiny and vibrant, and the whole necklace was just so damn pretty. I was stunned.

"It's so beautiful." I said barely above a whisper, touching the delicate piece.

"It reminded me of you. Soft, elegant, just absolutely gorgeous..". Then he stood up and walked over to my side.

"May I?" He asked. I nodded and handed him the necklace, pulling my hair to the side. His slid the necklace around my neck and clasped it from behind, before kissing my cheek softly and sitting back down.