26

Chapter 26

"Baby, baby, I feel crazy, up all night, all night and every dayGive me something, oh, but you say nothingWhat is happening to me?I don't wanna live forever, 'cause I know I'll be living in vainAnd I don't wanna fit whereverI just wanna keep calli...

Give me something, oh, but you say nothing
What is happening to me?
I don't wanna live forever, 'cause I know I'll be living in vain
And I don't wanna fit wherever
I just wanna keep calling your name until you come back home."

-Zayn, I don't wanna life forever

***

No one said pregnancy was easy, but no one said it was this difficult either.

I shifted and rolled on my other side of the bed, groaning at the extremely uncomfortable feeling.

"God, you're really a handful aren't you, baby." I mumbled, placing my hand on my slightly bumpy stomach. I was three months now. Almost four, actually. I've been wearing flowy dresses all the time around the palace to hide it. Even if the bump is small, and can just be mistaken for a bloating, I wasn't going to risk it.

All I've been doing for the past weeks is studying then going back to my room and sleeping uncomfortably because of the baby. But I still have my almost daily dose of spending a good few hours thinking of Damon or looking him up on the internet.

I fingered my heart shaped necklace, reminiscing our time together.

I miss him more by the day. It's like every hour that passed by without him I got drawn to him even more. Hell, my emotional ass has been listening to sad song almost every night and crying myself to sleep because of how badly I wanted him to be with me through this right now.

And my relationship with my family has been getting weaker, but nothing new about that. My mum has been getting extremely busy and I barely see her around the palace anymore, being the political activist she is. And dad well, we just don't talk anymore. And I couldn't be more grateful about that.

I was supposed to meet up with my mother today since we have guests over, who my father went to greet and pick from their jet. I wasn't told who they were, but I was told that they would be staying in Avalon for a while and we're welcoming them to stay in the palace. So without more guessing, I already knew they were just some important political leaders.

I slowly sat up on the bed and got up. I picked out a white flowy dress with tiny flowers and paired it with nude sandals. I fixed my hair and put it in a ponytail before applying little make up.

"Agh." I hissed and dropped the mascara, placing my hand over my abdomen. I felt extremely sharp pain but it was gone as fast as it came.

I stood for a second, questioning what the hell just happened. Was that normal? I remember reading about abdominal pain during pregnancy but this was hell.