3

Chapter 3

Stupid.

I snapped at myself. He's here for business, not to-

"I would love to." He replied casually. My eyebrows raised slightly. He actually agreed?

I really don't know why I became so happy because of that.

I smiled at him. "Alright, follow me." And we started walking. I guided him towards my favorite balcony, where I usually spend most of my time. Just drinking tea or coffee and reading books.

As we made our way there, I spotted Kelsey, one of our servants.

"Hey, love." I stopped her. She stopped suddenly and smiled at me, giving Damon a courtesy nod.

"Good morning, Princess Luna."

"Good morning to you too. Would you mind bringing us a tea tray to my balcony?" I asked. She nodded once.

"Ofcourse, your highness. It'll be right out." She said shortly before walking away.

For some reason I didn't receiving that type of formality in front of Damon right now. I was worried it would intimidate him somehow, or make him think I'm all that around here. I'm no highness. I'm just, well, me. And I really just wanted to have a casual conversation with him. Get to know him... like normal people.

We reached the balcony and sat down. It was a medium sized balcony, including a table with two chairs, with flowers of all colors around. The flowers were why it was my favorite place.

He shifted in his seat in front of me and got comfortable.

"You have a very beautiful palace." He complimented. I smiled.

"Thank you." I replied. "Where do you stay?"

"Well I travel between Italy and America a lot, so both, really. But I can say I stay more in Italy, actually." He said and I nodded.

Before I could reply we saw one of the servants coming over and placing the tea tray on the table, then pouring tea in each cup.

"Anything else, Princess?" He asked. I smiled at him.

"No, Jason. This is wonderful. Thank you." And with that he smiled back politely and left.

"So.. how was the rest of your birthday party thing? I kind of left right after we talked." He asked. I picked up the spoon from the little sugar pot.