36

Chapter 36

Damon's POV

Damon's POV

I sat on my bed, elbows resting on my knees as I stared at my suit jacket that laid on the floor.

A fucking lipstick stain?

How could that be?

I genuinely thought this was all Luna's. Maybe she had colored chapstick or whatever the fuck girls wear when they're not wearing lipstick. And I really did believe that those panties were just hers. But when she started getting angrier than I've ever seen her before, I knew she meant it too well when she said none of this was hers.

But who else could it be's? The maids know if a mistake like that happened from them, it would quiet literally cost them their lives. And my maids aren't stupid. They know what I'm capable of.

And I know damn well that neither that lipstick nor those panties have any relation to me.

I growled and threw the nearest pillow against the ground. Standing up and running a hand through my hair.

This looks bad, Damon. So bad.

The more I thought about it, the more I understood where Luna's anger was coming from.

And the more I thought of what Luna must be feeling the right now, the more I was losing my mind. It was 3 in the morning, and I couldn't sleep. I couldn't find Luna anywhere around the house but I knew she was still inside. No one opened the gates after I came in tonight. But the fact that she was hiding from me drove me wild.

She's supposed to trust me. She's supposed to know better. She's everything I ever wanted in a woman and so much more. She's supposed to know how much she means to me.

And the idea of her doubting her worth to me tortured me.

What if this grows inside of her head and she leaves me?

She can't leave me. She's my life.

I have to find her. But she's probably asleep by now.

I sighed heavily in frustration.

I have to talk to her. I have to fix this.

What she found looks bad and I don't have a proper explanation to it but she needs to know that what's going through her head right now is bullshit. Nothing but bullshit.

***

The morning came by, and I can positively say I hadn't gotten more than two hours of sleep. The void she left next to me on our bed haunted me. I needed Luna. I needed to make this right.

As the clock ticked 7, I sighed and got up, thinking she might be up by now from wherever she slept.

I walked all around the house, calling her name, until one of doors opened and a pissed off looking Amelia stood in the doorway.