34

Chapter 34

Damon POV

I started making my way back to my wing, thankful that Amelia's room was far enough from Luna and I's.

I slid my room's door open to see Luna changed into a silky black nightgown, curled up into the small couch next to the glass wall and staring outside. She seemed to deep in though to notice me walking in.

I walked towards where she was sitting, loosening up my tie as I did so..

I sat next to her and pulled her feet, moving to place them on my lap. She jumped when I touched her, but then she saw me and her face relaxed, forming into a tiny smile.

"Hey." She said and I leaned my back, massaging her feet softly.

"Hey, yourself." I said, and she went quiet again. "You must have a million thoughts racing through through your mind right now."

She turned to me again and leaned the side of her head against the back of the couch.

"This was a lot to take in." She said quietly.

"What are you feeling, kitten?"

"Overwhelmed. Surprisingly not sad. Maybe a little hurt. Mostly shocked." She said.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. She nodded and sat up straighter.

"I just don't.. I didn't see something like this coming. I knew father treated me differently than most dads, but I would have me never guessed it was because I actually was never his. Same as mother. Yet I still don't know if I would have wanted to know or not. I already felt completely out of place after Albert's death. It would have made it all so much harder on me if I knew this." She said and paused for a moment, looking down at her hands.

"I mean, it would've been nice knowing I had a sister. Yet, after knowing what my real parents were like, I don't think I should feel so..." she moved her hand, as if trying to remember the word.

"Disappointed maybe?.. that I was adopted. I just feel extremely bad that Amelia had to go through all this on her own. God, I really do. But I would have probably been just a burden on her. More responsibility for her to carry. Maybe neither me nor her would have gotten anywhere in life if I grew up with them instead."

I slowly nodded at what she was saying. But then she tilted her head at me and narrowed her eyes.

"How did you know about all this though?"

"It was actually my dad who found out. He contacted me around two or three months ago. Amelia was with him. After he told me about her, I dug in myself. It took me a while till I got a hold of that orphanage and found someone who could help. Eventually I did. And they confirmed it." I explained, she moved her legs from my lap and tugged them against her again, hugging her knees.