38

Chapter 38

"I personally think you're too weak for your own good

"I personally think you're too weak for your own good." Amelia bluntly spoke as I told her about my previous life as a Princess. It was another afternoon where I sat chatting with her over some tea. Her teas were absolutely magical. I could sit here and drink her tea the whole day.

I furrowed my eyes at her words and looked down at my cup.

"Why would you say that?" I asked. She shrugged.

"You were raised to be obedient. And as I can see, you're kind. You've always been too kind that eventually turned into weakness. Kindness and obedience are two traits that shouldn't mingle too much together." she said.

"W-what do you.. well I mean what was I supposed to do about it?"

"You were supposed to learn how to object. You don't know how to do enough of that. A little stubbornness is necessary for a woman to prove herself and fight for her rights. You don't have enough of that fire in you." She said and I frowned and tried to hide the slight anger I felt from showing.

I didn't want her to think I'm weak. And I didn't like having someone telling me I'm weak. I might have not stood up for myself enough against my parents-my nonbiological parents- but that's all I knew how to do. Stay quiet. I was raised being taught that a woman's most crucial traits are three things: beauty, intelligence, obedience. And the fact that I barely interacted with commoner females was no help. All I believed in was what I was told.

"Like right now-" she cut off my thoughts and looked at me observingly. "You seemed a bit angry at my words, you frowned for a little, but you quickly hid it. This is what I'm talking about. Instead of objecting against what I said, you kept quiet and objected inside your head."

She wasn't wrong. I let out a soft breath and looked away from her.

"You're right. I've just.. been through so much and I didn't like the fact that you think I'm weak."

"Because that's how you act. You know.." she pondered. "To some people, you're soft and feminine. But what I see? That's weakness. I want you to become stronger than that. Don't be afraid to show your anger and express your opinions. Learn how to properly say no, Luna. To anyone." She said and I nodded at her words.

Maybe she was right.

"Okay." I gave her a small smile. She just stared at me before giving me a quick nod. When she didn't reply, I spoke again.

"I admire you. Your boldness and confidence. We're polar opposite but I can see how we compete each other." I said not realizing how cheesy I probably sounded.

She frowned at my words, before glancing at the tea cup in my hand for a moment. She just nodded her head, without replying. I'm guessing she doesn't like cliché sentences like that.