44

Chapter 44

Luna's POV

I fluttered my eyes open, taking a deep breath and squinting against the harsh light.

"Baby.."

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking for the voice. To my right was a man, holding my hand like his life depended on it. He was so incredibly good looking that I was taken back for a moment. His red, bloodshot eyes looked at me with so much relief that it scared me.

I pulled my hand away from his quickly, as my heart pace picked up.

What is going on? Where am I?

"W-who are you?" I asked him. Instantly his face frowned, staring at me as if waiting for a different response. I remained quiet.

"Are you okay, baby?" He asked me slowly, keeping his eyes on me.

Baby?

"Sir, please don't call me that. And do I know you?" I asked him, and attempted to sit up weakly. Wincing in process. My whole body was aching. Badly. As if someone sucked all the blood out of me and refilled me. I felt so weird. And it was all internally. As if the pain only stopped beneath my skin.

"W-what happened? Jesus." I whispered, and the beautiful man's hands were suddenly on my waist helping me steady.

Someone needs to get this man out of here.

"Luna." He said gently, "You don't.. you don't remember who I am? Do you not remember what happened, kitten?"

He looked scared. Frightened even.

And what's with the nicknames?

"Sir, I don't know who you are." I tried telling him again, before glancing around the room. Why was I here? And why do I feel so.. weird.

"Where are my parents?" I asked him. His eyes were glued to my face, looking confused and shattered.

Did I say something wrong?

He shook his head at me and stood up. He ran a hand through his hair and tugged on his roots roughly. He looked frustrated. He didn't reply to my question either.

"Do you um.. work here?" I asked him.

"No, no. This isn't happening." He muttered to himself before walking out of the room without a reply.

Weirdo.

An extremely hot weirdo at that.

After a few seconds, I slowly tried to move my aching legs over the bed. My toes touched the cold floor. I let my hands aid me as I tried to stand up.

Suddenly the door opened again, revealing a man in a white coat, followed by the hot weirdo and another attractive man by his side, also dressed expensively in black.

"You're.. alive." The blonde man said, making me raise an eyebrow at him. "Your heart stopped.. you were.. you were dead."

What the hell is wrong with this place?

"Seriously, what's going on here, guys?" I said with a light laugh. Why is everyone acting so off.

The all stared at me as if I had lost my mind. Ironically.

"Luna," the doctor looked up from his clipboard and walked over to me, crouching in front of me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me softly.

"Um.. my body aches. And uh.. my head's spinning a little." I replied.

"And what is the last thing you remember?" He asked and I frowned at his question.