39 ✨

——————————————

Goldi joyfully got ready, Mattia sitting in her bed and waiting for her. He surprised her today, saying he was taking her to the city.

She started to get dressed after finishing her makeup, hurrying up so they could get there. It was already 5:00 pm, but they were staying in a hotel.
"You should probably put leggings under your pants," Mattia said before she put them on.
"Why?" She laughed.
"Trust me," He said, "You're going to want to," He said, Goldi grabbing a pair of black leggings and putting them on.
She put on black jeans that had a slit in the knee, putting on a white cropped thin long sleeve and a black puffer jacket over it.
She put on her white air forces, grabbing the bag she'd packed.

"I'm ready," She smiled, Mattia standing up and grabbing her hand.
He led her downstairs, Goldi waving bye to her dad before getting into Mattia's car.
"It's gonna be cold as hell by the way," Mattia laughed, Goldi laughing along with him as she buckled herself in.
He wore black jeans, a grey sweater with a black puffer jacket over it, and obsidians.

They started to drive toward the city after throwing their bags in the back, turning on music and dancing along to it.
The city was only about 30-45 minutes away from where they were.
Goldi had been to New York once before, and she absolutely fell in love with it.
Mattia knew that as well, it probably being the reason he was taking her. They both wanted to live in the city one day, it being one of the dreams they discussed together.

Mattia and Goldi had told each other their hopes and dreams, knowing everything about each other.
Everything lined up, and they couldn't wait to start their life together.

They blasted music, singing along as time passed quickly. The sun quickly started to set, the entire area glowing from the sunset. The city started to come into view, Mattia driving over a bridge before parking in a random garage. The garage connected to a huge glass building, which was supposedly their hotel.
"Ok, we're going to check in then get food because I am starving," Mattia laughed.

He led her into the hotel, walking up to the receptionist.
The girl was extremely nice, helping us check in quickly before telling us our room number.
"She said floor 17?" Goldi asked.
"Yeah, I wanted to be high up," Mattia laughed.
"That is scary," Goldi said, walking beside Mattia with a slight skip.

Goldi clutched onto Mattia for the elevator ride, she has always been scared of them.
Mattia chuckled lightly before they stepped out, finding their room.
They walked in to see a beautiful room, elegant decorations with an amazing sky view.
"I love this," Goldi said as she walked right over to the window, a huge smile on her face.
Mattia came behind her, kissing the top of her head lightly as they looked down at the busy city.
"I can't wait to live here one day," Goldi said.
"Me either," Mattia said with a smile.

They enjoyed the view for a while before heading back down, finding a cute pizza place not far away.
They walked hand in hand, Mattia holding Goldi close to him so there was more room for other people.
Goldi was absolutely mesmerized by the city, people bustling and teens laughing with each other.

They finally got to the restaurant, sitting down after ordering a slice at the front desk.
The restaurant was super friendly, Italian music playing lightly as people talked.
Goldi and Mattia talked for while, the server bringing out their pizza just a few minutes later.
"The pizza here is bomb," Mattia laughed, taking a bite. The slices were huge.
"You've been here before?" Goldi asked as she took a bite, and Mattia was right, the food was really good.
"Yeah, I used to come a lot with papa when I was younger and this was our favorite place," Mattia smiled.

Goldi smiled as he said it, he always took her to places that held memories. It made everything so much more special. She wished she had more places like that, but most of them were in Italy.
The teens continued to talk, laughing joyfully as they ate. Everything naturally flowed with them, never having to worry about the other person being tired of them.

They finished up the food, walking back outside.
It was completely dark, the weather dropping more than before. Lights illuminated the streets, teens everywhere enjoying their time.
Her and Mattia walked around the city for a while, Mattia pointing at things he wanted to show her, loving the smile that popped up on her face.
"One more thing I have to show you," Mattia said, Goldi laughing as they ran across the street, entering the subway.

They waited just a few minutes before the subway got there, hopping on and sitting down. There wasn't a ridiculous amount of people on, but it was still a lot.
Mattia and Goldi talked to each other, laughing at each other's stupid jokes as the subway drove.
It took about 15 minutes to get where they were going, stepping out of the subway.

Where they stopped the city was smaller, and an outlook started to come into view.
There were few people there, but Goldi's face lit up as she saw it.
It was a little area just above a big lake, the entire city glowing right in front of them.
"Woah," Goldi smiled, looking out at the city lights with a huge smile on her face.
"This place is so important to me," Mattia said so only she could hear.
"Even more than the bridge?" She asked, Mattia wrapping his arms around her to warm them up.
"The bridge is quieter, and less popular of course. But this one holds better memories. This was the last place I went with my uncle," He said, Goldi tucking her head into his chest as they both looked out at the lights.
"That's good, I'm happy it has good memories," She said, feeling slightly bad knowing what happened to his uncle.
"And now I'm making more," He said, Goldi looking up with a smile on her face.

He pressed his lips against hers, the moment beautiful.
"I love you," Mattia said as they pulled away.
"I love you too," Goldi responded, the entire world melting away behind them.

——————————————