25 | Agree To Disagree

⁑𝐇𝐀𝐙𝐄𝐋⁑

"Really?" I burst out in fake laughter. I really don't give a shit about that woman, but I'll talk about anything as long as dad is happy...even if it's about her.

"Mhm." He took a sip of his coke, "She got so dizzy she told me she felt as if she was about to give birth right here." He chuckled and so did I, but a sad one.

"Your mother was truly something else Hazel," His smile was nostalgic, his eyes sad, but his expression was happy, "I wish she was here." I pressed my lips together and nodded, "Yeah," I drank some of my orange juice, hiding my expression of hate behind the small glass.

"At least try Hazel," My eyes went big, he leaned back in his chair, "I know you both didn't have a smooth sailing relationship, and towards the end, it became worse but..." He paused.

I placed the glass down, "You can't hold that resentment forever Haze," He took my hand in his, "At some point...you have to just let go. I did." Both my brows rose with curiosity.

What does that mean?

Did something happen between them?

"What do you mean? You guys had a great relationship?"

"There were some agree to disagree arguments."

"When?"

"It's in the past Hazel, that's why I'm saying you need to let go of whatever is holding you back."

I shrugged my shoulders, "I'll think about it." He chuckled slightly, "Stubborn. Just like your mother." I don't want to be like my mother.

"Are you finished eating?" I looked down to my plate to still see food leftover, "Can we take it away?" He nodded his head, "Let me go ask." He got up.

I sat there at the table alone, staring aimlessly at the can of coke infront of me when I suddenly felt someone looking at me. What? Goosebumps trailed up my arms, my face feeling hot.

I look up, feeling the urge to look ahead of me. No. This can not be happening, there he was, in all his glory, Roman Smith.

He was in line at the popcorn stand, JJ was infront of him with Peter by his side and Valentino was talking to some- "Wait..." I stood up, squinting my eyes, trying to get a better look.

"For fuck sake." Emma Anderson. That bitch. Why was she with them? Why is she even here? I would expect her to be at some boutique or something.

When she turns around, her eyes lock with Roman's, she takes his arm and wraps it around her shoulder. Wow...very special. Roman peered down at her, looking at her like an insect, wanting to crush her.

He ignored her gesture and faced the front. What a dick! Do I mean noth- "What?" I slump into my chair, burying my face in my hands. What am I thinking? He doesn't care about me! Why am I caring about-

"That Julie lady gave us a container to put the food in." I look up to see my dad sitting back in his seat, "Haze? You okay?" He looked worriedly, "Yeah, yeah." I sat up straight.

"I'm fine." My eyes sneaked a peek of them again. Where did they- Shit, shit! They are walking here!

"Why don't we go on some other rides?" I started tossing the food into the Styrofoam container, "Let your food digest before we go on anything, there's so rush." He intertwined his fingers together.

"I know, I just really want to go on this- Hazel!" I look up. Fuck. "Hazel! Hazel!" I tried covering my face, slouching further into the chair, wanting to hide badly at this point.