24 | Father And Daughter

⁑𝐇𝐀𝐙𝐄𝐋⁑

"Hazel..." I heard a light knock on the door, "Come in!" I step out of the bathroom, drying my hair with a towel, "I just came to bring you some fruit," She places the plate of fruit on my desk.

"Thank you, I'm starving." I rush over to the desk, taking a bite out of the cut-up pineapple. "Has Dad come home yet?" I said with a mouth full of food, "Mhm, he just came in."She sits down on the edge of my bed.

"Do you know where he went?" He shook her head and frowned, "Sorry dear, he didn't tell me." I shrugged my shoulders, "He must've met up with that man he was on the phone with." I took another bite.

"Which man?" I tilted my head to the side, "Who?" She rolled her eyes at me, "You said your father was talking to someone. Who?"

"Oh. I don't know, he said the name Kai. I'm guessing it's someone who works for him." She got up, "Must be." She kissed me on my forehead and got up, "Make sure you finish all the fruit and get dressed." She closes the door behind her.

That was weird.

I pushed Mariah's weird behaviour to the side and started to get ready. "Mmm...what should I wear?" I walked over to my closet, scanning the hung u clothes.

"Dad did say it is cold." I picked out an oversized white Nike sweater, some black leggings, and my white Air Max 97's. I looked in the mirror and liked what I saw.

I walked back to my bathroom, reaching under the sink, I take out the hairdryer and plug it in.

After I had dried it completely I plugged my hair straightener and began the straighten it more.

"Hazel!" I heard dad yell for me, "I'm in my room!" I yelled back, "Hazel? Ah, you look so beautiful." He walked into the bathroom, "Thanks. You don't look bad yourself." I chuckled, and so did he.

"Are you almost ready?"

"Mhm. I just have to finish my hair."

"Okay. When you're done, I'll be waiting for you downstairs." I nodded my head.

Should I ask him where he went? Will he tell me?

"No. Just let it go, must have been something to do with the business." I let my hair fall down my back, adding two white butterfly clips in the front. I spray some perfume on and walk out.

I went downstairs to see dad not here, "He must've not finished getting ready yet." I flopped down on the couch and switched my phone on.

Ding!

Ding!

Ding!

My phone blew up with messages. All are from Ryan of course. I click onto his profile and see a line of urgent texts.

Ryan:

Ryan: WTF! Hazel! Why r u ignoring Roman???

Ryan: Why are u doing this to him!?

Ryan: Stop ignoring my messages and pick up the damn phone!

Ryan: This isn't funny Hazel. U need to go see him!

Ryan: ANSWER ME!

I rolled my eyes at his messages. How does he even know? Did Roman speak to him?

Ryan:

Me: I'm not ignoring u!

Ryan: She lives!