Forty-Eight | Towel.

It was early morning

It was early morning. The early morning was the dominion of the birds, for they in bright feathered plume were so very in love with the sunrise.

You stepped out of the shower, grabbing the nearest towel and immediately wrapping it around your bare, naked body. You looked around your bathroom and noticed that the windows were now smothered with steam and condensation, the once clear glass shower doors too. You simply shrugged your shoulders at this before you walked over to the mirror—which too—had accompanied its glass friends as you used your wrist to wipe away the condensation so that you could now get a clear view of your reflection. The mirror had that patina of age over the bronze frame, likewise the surface of the glass was splotched black in places.

You weren't in the mood to blow dry your hair today, instead, you were just planning to let it air dry. You used another towel to wring out your dripping wet hair, before you grabbed the nearest anti-frizz serum and ran the cream through the ends of your locks. You opened the small cabinet above the mirror and took out your moisturiser, before squeezing a dollop into the palm of your hand and smothering it all over your skin.

You felt so much better once you were done. You felt airy and like you had way more energy, as opposed to the lethargy that you had felt once you had woken up this morning—unable to sleep because the new season of Attack of Titan came first. You hummed a soft tune of tranquility as you pranced over to the door; making sure to keep the towel wrapped securely around your body. Your hand reached forward and entwined around the door handle, and as you slowly opened the door, you were immediately bestowed with the sight of a frantic, panicked and scrambling Dazai inviting himself into your bathroom as if he were running away from a ferocious tiger that had just escaped out of the zoo. He, in turn, pulled you inside with him, dragging you right back into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him in the process.

As soon as he entered—uninvited—he pressed his back to the door, breathing in and out heavily; trying his hardest to get his erratic breathing under control. He fleetingly closed his eyes as his heart beat rapidly in his chest. He made sure to lock the door, as if he were stopping something predatory from breaking in. He didn't look twice at you in nothing but a towel, and instead, quickly ran over to you as soon as the two of you had made direct eye contact with each other.

"What the fuck—"

"Hi baby," in a frantic state, he grabbed your face with his hands and pulled you in for a sweet kiss. It was a sloppy kiss—desperation evidently lingering from his lips. He could hear the rough sound of footsteps slowly approaching the locked bathroom door from the other side; his safety and security on thin ice with every passing second. "I love you, now please, hide me."

You had never seen Dazai this worked up before, which meant only one thing—he had caused mischief. Of course he did. It was the only viable explanation for his weird as hell behaviour. You just knew that you would never have a peaceful morning as long as Dazai was around to completely and utterly destroy the tranquility—it might as well have become his newfound ability at this point.