Sixty-Five | Skyfall.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the song above and let it run throughout this chapter! ;)

You both jumped.

From the highest floor of the Port Mafia building, you jumped.

And now—you were both falling.

You opened your eyes in shock, and you were falling. Your perception of time distorted, everything slowed down around you until there was nothing anymore, only you, Dazai and the endless stretch of midnight above, the stars winking down at you, scattered across the sky like embers that seemed to swallow your body whole. Your hand reached out, while also letting go of Dazai's, kissing the sky, grasping the endless crevasse of deep charcoal. Everything was a blur, a blur that swirled out of existence. Suspended in the air, you closed your eyes and surrendered yourself to the infinite sky above.

Meanwhile Dazai—Dazai felt like a bird soaring in the sky to brand new heights; he felt like he was the main character in the coming-of-age movie that he was always so fond of watching through his office window. The wind ran its icy fingers through his disheveled, dark hair as he grinned with his chapped lips. He was exactly where he wanted to be.

He was with you.

He was with you, he was with the wind. He felt his bandages unravelling; running away from his floating body's captivity; appearing to be dancing and soaring in the strong gust of wind that enveloped his body, his mind, his soul, as he was in the midst of it all—with his hands outstretched towards the sky, as if he was reaching for something.

Peace.

Solace.

Tranquillity.

Falling was so peaceful.

The slow music of the world disappearing twirled like a silver thread around you. Stars lighted the sky like snowflakes in the night, yet appeared still, like an old photograph. The endearing smile on Dazai's face never once faltered, feeling the wind blow his dark brown hair into a tousled mane. Were he out there in space, guiding the limits of the known universe, they would be a choreographed blizzard. How the stars would move, the galaxies tumble and dart. But for now, with his arms outstretched towards God's resplendent painting, and his body held in a sustained position in the air, beneath the sky, the starlight kept its familiar pattern. The constellations, who'd witnessed centuries and millennia just the same, watched over this tiny moment.

This beautiful moment.

Tonight the city below you was alive with lights that echoed heaven's stars.