Five | The Other Way Around.

You awoke to soft sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds

You awoke to soft sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. Allowing yourself to discard the remaining glimpses of a beautiful dream, your eyes were still shut as you soaked in the warmth of your covers before letting your [E/C] eyes see the sun's rays.

It was a nice and peaceful sleep—you had never slept this good in such a long time; you literally slept like a baby last night. Slowly and reluctantly, you uncovered your face. You blinked, closed your eyes, and blinked again. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded you momentarily. You sat up, dragging your feet off the bed, and rubbed your knuckles onto your eyes. You stretched your arms above your head and yawned. You watched your legs dangle above the off-white polyester carpet.

And that's when you had received a sudden phone call.

Confused—you picked up the phone instantly without bothering to check the caller ID first.

"H-Hello?" You spoke into the phone; unsure of who could be calling you at this time. You were usually an early bird, and you liked to wake up earlier than most people, it was the only way to organise your entire day. You merely assumed that it was one of the members of the Armed Detective Agency since you had all exchanged numbers yesterday just in case of emergencies.

"Good morning!" A la-di-da voice had chirped loudly on the other side of the phone. You recognised the voice instantly; it belonged to the sexy Osamu Dazai.

"Oh, Dazai." You responded, whilst rubbing the nape of your neck with your hand awkwardly. You were definitely wide awake now.

"Today's another fine day!" Dazai chirped loudly. You wondered if he always sounded this cheerful so damn early in the morning for no apparent reason at all, other than to annoy you, probably. "How's the new dorm?"

"Great, thank you." You replied. You had jumped out of bed now; unravelling your [H/L] [H/C] hair from its imprisoned low messy bun as your locks had fallen beautifully down your back. "I slept like a baby."

"That's good to hear." You could hear the wide smile in Dazai's voice. "The change of clothes next to your bed is a gift from everyone at the agency. I thought the dress would look pretty on you."

You didn't know why, but you immensely blushed at this. You knew that he couldn't exactly see you right now—which you were eternally grateful for. You didn't want him to tease you, like you knew he would do sooner or later; according to Atsushi, it was pretty much unavoidable on his part. Teasing people to hell and back was a major part of Dazai's character.

"Thank you so much for everything." You thanked him politely. You were genuinely thankful, and appreciative of the fact that they had all welcomed you into their family with open arms so soon. You were officially part of the Armed Detective Agency now, and even though you were very nervous yesterday, the erratic nerves had quickly diminished, now replaced with pure excitement coursing through your veins.