Eleven | Dazai vs Kunikida.

You were currently stuck in a meeting with the other members of the Armed Detective Agency

You were currently stuck in a meeting with the other members of the Armed Detective Agency. Everyone was gathered around an elongated table, listening to Kunikida talk. You couldn't really focus on anything that he was saying right now, and you weren't too sure why. You assumed it was both the lack of sleep, and lack of caffeine that was making your thoughts groggy and disorientated.

This meeting was just like every other meeting that you had ever attended since you first joined the Armed Detective Agency—nothing new had been announced. Yokohama had been fairly quiet these past few weeks; there hadn't been much crime happening, and you weren't too sure if this was supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing. According to Yosano, this was a bad thing, a very bad thing, actually, because it meant that there was definitely trouble brewing somewhere. The Port Mafia had also been awfully silent recently, which wasn't something that the Armed Detective Agency were used to. According to the Armed Detective Agency, the Port Mafia were unpredictable, and could strike at any given moment; which was exactly why the Armed Detective Agency had always needed to keep one eye open just in case the notorious Port Mafia decided they wanted to attack. They couldn't exactly be trusted, and nobody ever knew what they were planning, which meant that it was up to the Armed Detective Agency to find out and stop them before it was too late.

You were sitting at the back next to Dazai, who kept throwing in snarky and inappropriate comments here and there—pissing off Kunikida even more. Most of the meetings had gone like this, with Dazai and Kunikida constantly arguing with one another. Everyone was used to this by now, even though it got kind of annoying sometimes; making the meetings much longer than they needed to be for no apparent reason at all. Most of the time, Dazai had to be dragged to the meetings by his ear, because he refused to ever come; instead he preferred to sleep on the couch or listen to music with his headphones.

You had grown quite close with Dazai during these past few days. Not close enough to know absolutely everything about him, but close enough to become good friends who flirted with each other like hell. Dazai liked to tease you a lot, and you liked to tease him back sometimes whenever you were in the mood or feeling a little frisky. But today—today Dazai was being especially strange.

He was sitting extra close to you—to the point where you could barely call it personal space. Not only that, but he had been weirdly nice to you, and even more flirtatious than he usually was. You wouldn't have minded if you were sleeping and eating properly, but because of the lack of caffeine and food in your system, you weren't really in the mood.

And you certainly didn't expect the electric feeling of stars dancing across your skin when you felt a hand slowly starting to glide up your bare thigh under the table because of the skirt that you had decided to wear today whilst you were beginning to doze off. You immediately jerked up in your position, turning to Dazai with furrowed brows as you instinctively slapped his hand away from your leg; making sure not to draw too much attention to the two of you sitting right at the very end of the meeting table—directly opposite Kunikida, with the others all surrounding you; scattered along the sides.