Sixty-Two | Rain Down And Destroy Me.

A/N - I highly recommend that you press play on the song above and let it run throughout this chapter! ;)

TW: mentions of pedophilia. This is quite a heavy chapter!

"And what truth could you possibly know that I don't?" Mori asked you in a highly quizzical manner. He held up his cards so that you were unable to see what was on the other side, using his cards to cover the lower portion of his face. You could only see his eyes that were burning with an insatiable anger, yet his tone simply stayed aloof and calm. He crossed one long leg over the other as you slowly rose to your feet; smirking wildly, as if you knew something that was going to utterly destroy that man—if not physically, then at least mentally, and that was even more powerful, being able to reach into his mind and discombobulate everything that had made him who he was today.

You laughed maliciously, as you began to walk at a stealthy pace towards him; the sound of your heels clicking on the ground reverberating in his ears. Mori had no idea what was going through your brain, and you were going to use that to your advantage. Usually, you would sing your way to freedom like a deadly siren, but this time—this time you were going to break that man, you were going to completely and utterly shatter him so that he was unable to pick up his own broken pieces and glue himself back together, instead he would be sliced by his own shards of glass. You were going to play the infamous role of the femme-fatale. You were, after all, known as the Beautiful Woman Without Mercy, La Belle Dame Sans Merci, for a reason. A real damn good reason, and you were definitely going to live up to your reputation tonight.

On the surface, you ticked all the boxes for what a good femme-fatale should be. You were witty, seductive, treacherous, and from the very moment that you had entered this book, everyone was instantly beguiled by you. The attraction to your character was the unpredictability factor, yet your actions had remained plausible, because at heart, your intentions were always pure—you rained down hell on men that deserved nothing less. You may have been the protagonist, but you were also a layered villainess who embodied sexuality, strength and vulnerability.

"Your ability—Elise." You said, and you began walking around him, circling him, like a predator would do to their prey right before the moment they had pounced and torn their victim's flesh to pieces, as he followed your every minuscule movement with watchful eyes. "There's no doubt that she's extremely powerful; a force to be reckoned with, but there's more to it than that, isn't there?"

His ability—Vita Sexualis—allowed Mori to manifest Elise into the flesh and manipulate the manifestation like a puppet on strings, controlling its speed, attacks and even her personality and appearance. This was an extremely important piece of information that was going to help you to break him down mentally.

"Like what?" He said, and you suddenly stopped in front of him; staring down at him; fluttering your beguiling lashes like the wings of a deadly butterfly dipped in lethal poison; the kind of poison that Romeo willingly swallowed to reunite with his lover. He stared into your eyes, growing visibly nervous and anxious by the passing second, even though he was desperately trying to hide it right now. You kneeled before him, so that you were now below him, and you rested your elbows on his knees. Mori shifted in his seat uncomfortably, as this time, you were staring up at him, the venom in your eyes threatening to seep into his bloodstream and kill him, slowly and painfully.