Eighteen | Pain, You Make Me A Believer.

A/N - you can press play on the song above and let it run throughout this chapter if you want to! :')

You had been driving for around fifteen minutes or so—but truthfully, it felt more like an eternity; an eternity of hell. You had no idea how the hell you managed it for this long without accidentally crashing into a tree and killing both you and Dazai in the process. Although, just because you were miraculously not dead yet—the keyword over being being yet, did not mean that you weren't going to keep screaming like a madwoman as you clumsily steered the vehicle through multiple side streets and narrow roads; still continuing to follow your gut intuition because you seriously had no other choice over here.

You still had absolutely no idea where the fuck you were going.

The shadows were now twice as long as themselves. The air was damp and cool smelling faintly of a car's exhaust fumes and the sun dipped lower in the sky until the trees that lined the lane stood as black statues silhouetted against the darkening splatters of purple and red bruising the ether—slowly their shadows melted away into the blackness of night.

The upper half of Dazai's body was currently leaning out of the open car window; kneeling in his seat; the wind ruffling his chestnut tresses. You continued to scream as you heard the exchange of bullets passing between Dazai and his sworn lifelong enemy—the ginger brat, as he liked to call him. You screamed like a baby in a tumble dryer, garbled, muffled, intermittent, but nonetheless distressing and intense.

What the fuck else were you supposed to do? Sing?

Dazai—on the contrary—absolutely loved this. He relished in the beautifully haunting cacophony of the roaring winds that had twirled his chestnut hair and howled in his ears. He had no regard for his life. That was just like him. A sucker for chaos.

"[Y/N]," Dazai called out your name through the open window as you continued driving. Immediately after, you saw him dart his lean, bandaged body back into the car just as a loud ping! sound had suddenly infiltrated your eardrums. "I understand this is terrifying, but please, save your screaming for the bedroom."

Asshole!

You instantly snapped your head towards him; narrowing your eyes beadily at the man—your lips, that only moments before were on his very own, feeling him, tasting him, were now pursed tightly into a thin line; your hands still firmly gripping the steering wheel like a lifeline.

"Fuck you." You said through gritted teeth. "I fucking hate you."

Dazai simply chuckled at this in response—once again, leaning his tall body out of the window. He began shooting like an absolute maniac. Bullets jingled as the car moved over the bumps, a bizarre music that jangled your nerves. As they flew out the chamber and into the air with great elegance, the bullets aimed for the target beyond the shooter.