Thirty-Eight | Ability: Seduction.

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys. I'll tell you when you should at some point in the middle of the chapter!

The sun set in the sky, as bold as one of Ranpo's favourite tangerine jellies. It sat within that sky, that summer-fruit hued throne, as if it looked over the earth, stretching out with sepia tones to everyone below.

You had all gotten out of the car one-by-one as you all walked over to the entrance of the nightclub in perfect unison. You were going to prove that you were worthy of staying at the Armed Detective Agency tonight. You were going to show your badass skills and prove that you weren't just a pretty face. You were going to prove that you were a necessary asset rather than something that could easily be thrown away without a second glance.

Everyone followed closely behind you the entire time. Dazai was next to you, holding your hand. He was excited to see what you had up your sleeve, since he—himself was also quite intrigued to see what you truly were. He had heard a lot about you, of course, but he also didn't know very much about you at all. He hadn't seen what you were actually capable of yet.

Yosano and Atsushi were nervous. They both loved you a lot, and they didn't want the President to kick you out of the Armed Detective Agency, it would definitely sadden them to see you go. Of course they were going to fight for you to stay, but if it failed, it would hurt them to say goodbye. The other members that you weren't as close to also felt the exact same way; they didn't want to see you leave.

It was like a whole new world as soon as you had entered the nightclub. Inside the club it was like dancing on the Northern Lights; beneath the dry-ice smoke swirled an array of blues, acid greens, hot pinks and golds. The music played over the dance floor fused with bodies dancing mindlessly to the beat—screaming, laughing, having the time of their lives.

Around you, you noticed that there were couples everywhere. Women latched onto the arms of men, canoodling, kissing, drinking, chattering, laughing. Conversations swirled in a dirty cloud of smoke, the stagnant stench of cigarettes hidden within the collaboration of mephitic odours.

"What exactly are you planning to do?" Dazai whispered to you.

You looked over at the stage when you heard the owner of this nightclub—well, it was more like a speakeasy—announce the next act that was going to be performing for all of these horny, hungry men. The presenter tapped his mic, before clearing his throat. You watched as soon after, beautiful girls began filing onto the stage, clad in bells and the finest of silk. Their luxurious skirts swam about their slender feet and their scanty tops jingled softly with each slight movement. As the music began, so did the dancers. With each swaying movement of their hips, with each alluring twist of their bodies, they enraptured the crowd; causing the entire crowd to cheer, whoop, holler—some even throwing money at the beautiful women who were definitely in touch with their femininity, their sexuality, the danger of their beauty, the sheer power they had with just the smooth sway of their curvaceous hips alone.