Bonus Chapter | The Wedding.

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys. I'll tell you when you should at some point in the middle of the chapter!

Also, just a fair warning, this is quite a long chapter (that's why it took a while to write!)

Holy shit—

Today was your wedding day!

Damn—you didn't think that you'd ever even reach this point in your life, the point in which a certain suicidal detective that you had no intention of ever falling this hard for was going to be your lawfully-wedded husband; your souls bound and connected for the rest of eternity. And yet, here you were. Goddamn. Life truly was full of unexpected surprises.

You awakened on the morning of your wedding day like Sleeping Beauty being kissed by the balls of light filtering through the large mullioned panes of glass; feeling light, fresh and airy, accompanied with nerves drifting through your body like a kindled flame. New white rays shone through the window and curtain just the same, showing the beauty of the many tan hues that weaved together to make the fabric you loved so much. The browns were as varied as sand dunes at dawn, as pretty as the lightest of wood carried ashore upon windswept waves. Amid the light you could see the beams as if they waved with the undulating pleats, yet in truth they were strong and true, giving structure and form. As the moments passed, the intensity rose and softened, bold and gentle, telling of the day that would pass in the world beyond.

You yawned, stretching your arms over your head, when suddenly, you could hear your phone ringing on the nightstand beside your bed; vibrating impatiently against the hardwood. Furrowing your brows, you picked up your phone from the nightstand and checked the caller ID. Surprise surprise, it was your boyf—wait, no—it was your fiancé, your soon-to-be-husband, Osamu Dazai.

You pressed answer and immediately held the phone close to your ear. "Dazai! You're not meant to be calling me! We are not supposed to have any sort of communication until we see each other during the actual wedding! If Yosano finds out—"

"She won't," his honeyed voice was a husky drawl as a breath of air had hit your ear through the phone. "But anyway, good morning my love! I just wanted to check up on you and see how you were doing."

You found out very quickly that Yosano was quite a traditional woman when it came to these things, and she believed in the superstition that it was bad luck for the bride and groom to see each other prior to the wedding on the actual wedding day itself; hence why the two of you had been separated for the past couple of nights. She wanted to make sure that the two of you would have no communication during that brief period of time, but you supposed that with the stress leading up to this special day (she was far more stressed than both you and Dazai were combined), she completely forgot about the fact that you still had each other's numbers and could call each other at any time of the day if either of you truly desired.