Bonus Chapter | Slow Dancing In The Dark.

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys. I'll tell you when you should at some point in the middle of the chapter!

Hell yeah!

You pumped your first in the air excitedly, jumping out of your seat with happiness once you had finally gotten through all of your paperwork for this week. Like an idiot, you decided to leave everything until the very last minute—and today was the day that you were meant to go through and fill everything out one by one, you definitely underestimated the workload, but it didn't matter anymore, because you were finally finished!

You did your little happy dance—smiling blissfully, but then you suddenly became aware of the time. The view through the window of the world outside had suggested that it was quite dark out, which meant that you must have been working until late—you were just unsure of exactly how late. Yawning tiredly to yourself, you picked up your phone from the desk and noticed the time. It was nearing midnight.

Oh Lord.

And then you suddenly came to the realisation that you hadn't actually seen or even heard from Dazai all damn day. You knew that he was out working on a case with Ranpo and Atsushi earlier, but that was literally about it—he didn't really tell you much else before he left. You never usually called or texted him whenever he was genuinely busy, because you didn't want to distract him from focusing on his work. You had definitely learned your lesson from the very first time you did this, resulting in an almost two hour long conversation with your boyfriend and a very stern berating from Kunikida regarding workplace professionalism. Dazai had it way worse than you though—he was smacked on the back of his head at least a thousand times with Kunikida's trusted notebook that never once seemed to let him down. You, on the other hand, were let off the hook with a small warning to not do it again.

You rubbed your bleary eyes as you outstretched your arms, feeling the strain and tension in your muscles. You yawned once again, putting your phone back into your pocket. You switched off the light in the office before walking out the door, making sure to lock the door behind you as you left. The elevator wasn't working today for some odd reason, you assumed it had to stop running for the time being because of maintenance checks, so you had no other choice but to take the stairs. You began walking down the stairs—your legs weary and tired since they had been in the same position for several hours on end, so you practically had to force yourself to drag your feet. You suddenly paused when you heard light footsteps running up the stairs, and as you turned the corner, you certainly didn't expect to bump into an out of breath Atsushi of all people.

"Please tell me you haven't locked your office door yet!" He huffed and puffed as he used this as the perfect opportunity to finally bend down and rest his hands on his knees—trying to steady his erratic as hell breathing.