Twenty-Eight | Desperado.

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys. I'll tell you when you should at some point in the middle of the chapter!

The car ride was eerily silent the entire time; Dazai was simply concentrating on the busy road ahead—hands firmly gripping the steering wheel, jaw clenched. He didn't speak a single word to you, but you knew that he had a lot to say in the long run. The radio was on, but you could barely hear it because of the sound of thrumming rain antagonising the music; infiltrating your ears.

Softly splashing water droplets hit the car windows as Dazai had driven onwards; his face tingling with a newly stoked anger. The skies were overhung with dark clouds hiding the imperious moon. Despite this car ride feeling extremely tedious and endless, the rain had commonly calmed you—you watched as the raindrops raced down the windows. The occasional wave of a puddle could be exciting, but right now, you'd rather be outside in those puddles than stuck in this car.

You turned your head to look at Dazai, whose teeth were grinding together; evident tension lingering in the atmosphere. It was silent between you. Completely and utterly silent. The silence was eerily unnatural, like a dawn devoid of birdsong.

"My weather app says that it's going to be raining heavily for most of this week." You told him, trying to break the ice between you, but the ice between you seemed to be as bad as the iceberg that had caused the entire titanic to tragically sink.

"Great." Dazai responded—his voice full of barely controlled fury.

You immediately furrowed your eyebrows in response, frowning. "What is your problem?"

Dazai barked out a short, humourless laugh. He had shaken his head from side to side in sheer disbelief, almost like he couldn't quite believe that you had just asked him such a stupid question. He turned his head to meet your gaze; his countenance alarmingly petrifying, a diabolical rhythm dancing in his dangerously addictive eyes. His eyes had bounced from brown, to a dark, ominous black, accommodating the darkness of the night sky. Right now, they were a strong brown mixed with an evident hint of charcoal, a sort of visual poetry in the way it magicked a chaotic storm into your thoughts.

His eyes settled on yours with startling accuracy, leaving you with the extremely unpleasant sensation that perhaps you shouldn't have provoked him tonight.

"You." He said. The tone of his voice was like the magma chamber of a volcano, deep, but filled entirely with molten rock; waiting to explode at any given moment now; ready to destroy you with his lava. "You are the problem, [Y/N]."

• • •

A/N - y'all can now press play on the song above! Enjoy ;))