Twenty-Three | Jealous Dazai.

"Ouch, [Y/N]!" Dazai winced in his current sitting position as you tended to his wounds—wounds that had been caused by Kunikida, and rightfully so

You gently held an ice pack to the affected area around his eye to try and reduce the swelling—you were going to do this for around twenty minutes at a time, while also tending to the other injuries on his face, including his bleeding jaw.

"Stop moving, idiot!"

"I can't help it!" He sneered; glaring at you, but he continued to wince and flinch and whine like an annoying little child. "It hurts."

"Hold the fucking ice pack then, Dazai." You ordered him. "Let me sort out your face."

"Fine." Dazai huffed out a breath of sheer annoyance in response. He was acting like a big baby, and frankly, it was starting to frustrate you, because you were only trying to help him. You already knew why he was so annoyed, you sensed it earlier in the day. It was because you kissed Kunikida—on the cheek—and that, for some strange reason, had made Dazai mad. He begrudgingly held onto the ice pack while you tried your very best to stop the bleeding on his face. "I don't want to be friends with you anymore."

You merely scoffed and rolled your eyes at his petty, petty words—highlighting just how unfazed by them you truly were. "Tragic."

You pressed firmly on the facial wound with a clean cloth. You applied steady, direct pressure and elevated the area, and you were going to do this for at least fifteen minutes. Dazai merely grimaced in response, but allowed you to do whatever you needed to try and ease the pain exploding on his face.

"You kissed Kunikida." Dazai narrowed his beady eyes at you—his bruised lips were pursed tightly into a thin line. "Right in front of me!"

"On the cheek." You corrected, holding the cloth in place. You had to try and resist the urge to peek after a few minutes to see whether the bleeding had actually stopped or not. Sadly, the blood had soaked through the cloth, which meant that you had to apply another without lifting the first. "It was just a little peck. I needed to try and calm him down because of what you caused."

"You're a bad person." Dazai stated in a matter-of-factly, accusatory tone. You gave him a quizzical expression in return; his wrathful brows instantly disappearing into the fountain of dark hair kissing his forehead.

"Excuse me?"

"Mhm, I said what I said." Dazai drawled darkly; jutting his chin; his tone sharp and accusatory. "You exploited the fact that he had a crush on you, and kissed his cheek."