Seven | The Port Mafia.

It had been two weeks since you had first joined the notorious Armed Detective Agency, and already, you felt at ease with them—like they were your new family

It had been two weeks since you had first joined the notorious Armed Detective Agency, and already, you felt at ease with them—like they were your new family. You had gotten along with all of them so well, never facing any problems. You enjoyed your time there, working and getting to know everyone, plus the salary was an added bonus. You were pretty sure that you would have never been able to earn as much as you did annually in a regular nine-to-five job.

So far—you, Atsushi and Kyoka were starting to get pretty close. You had also grown pretty close with Yosano, who was like the big sister that you never had.

You barely ever saw the other members of the ADA other than Dazai, Kunikida, Yosano, Atsushi and Kyoka. Kenji and Ranpo were always super busy, and whenever you were even in the same room as Junichiro, his younger sister, Naomi, had always seemed to become territorial, even though she had literally nothing to worry about. Junichiro was cute, sure—he had a slim, average build with orange hair, hazel eyes and pale skin. His hair was parted in the middle with its spikes sweeping downwards, along with a light grey bobby pin clipped on his left. He wore earrings that were the corresponding colour of his pin. His attire consisted of an oversized, off-white V-neck sweater with a black stripe on the collar, light blue pants and brown shoes. A red sweater was usually wrapped around his waist. Although, despite being just as handsome as the rest of the members of the Armed Detective Agency, he was just not your type on paper.

In fact, it was pretty damn obvious who your type actually was.

Osamu Dazai.

You had your eye on him ever since the first time you had actually met that slender, sexy, bandaged bastard. You just enjoyed playing hard to get, and you knew that Dazai also thoroughly enjoyed the thrill of the chase. It definitely added a little spice to your meetings; the lustful glances; the playful banter, and you knew that everybody else could feel the sexual tension radiating between you and Dazai even from miles away. You could cut the thick tension constantly lingering in the atmosphere whenever the two of you had gotten within a foot of each other with a knife.

You had also learnt about the Armed Detective Agency's rival group: The Port Mafia. The Port Mafia were an underground criminal organisation run by Ogai Mori, based in Yokohama, Japan. They also had an Ability Business Permit allowing them to conduct their activities in a "legal way." They were known as Yokohama's "Wardens of the Night." The Mafia had dozens of enterprises under their control. It also exceeded politics, as well as economics and its influence was found in many sections of Yokohama City. Those who defied them would only burn and not survive.

The Port Mafia divided its power largely between its boss and his five executives, who answered solely to him and led their own factions within the mafia. Originally, four executive positions were filled. As of now, only two surviving executive positions were known, but three occupied. Mori kept Osamu Dazai's executive position reserved solely for him—somehow expecting him to return.

You had been told that the Port Mafia were extremely dark and damaged individuals, and you had been warned never to cross them, and you definitely didn't want to, either—although, maybe an interaction or two would have been quite fun and added to the whole experience of working with such highly eccentric individuals.

You were currently sitting with Atsushi and Kyoka and sharing a delicious piece of cake between the three of you at Café Uzumaki. You had literally become a regular here. Today, it reminded you of an English tea shop. They served the tea in real white China pots at round tables that mostly just seated two, if not, a maximum of three people. At the glass-fronted counter were an array of cream cakes and pastries, all with English sounding names, and of course, there were the obligatory scones. You had ordered a cream tea with Earl Grey and sat there conversing with Atsushi and Kyoka.

But who you couldn't seem to stop thinking about right now, was Dazai, purely because of the fact that you had barely seen him today. He was quite a difficult person to keep track of. There was something strange about Dazai, well, something much deeper than just strange. And you wanted to be the one to unravel it—to unravel him. You had this unexplainable fascination with people whom you had deemed as mysterious in your eyes.

Human behaviour was always your strongest fascination, ever since you were a young child. When you met someone who had layers of depth, a mystery that you couldn't truly comprehend completely, you were hooked. Intrigued with unravelling this human puzzle, you craved more and more the less that you were given. You wanted to be around them all the time, you wanted to pick their brain, observe them. You wanted to understand them—to explore them.

And that's why as of this moment, Dazai was currently the recipient of your utmost attention, because he had fascinated you like no other; there was just something about him, something that had told you that he wasn't just a man whose soul purpose was to be the comedic relief of the Armed Detective Agency—you refused to believe that.

Lost in deep thought—you didn't realise that Atsushi had been calling out your name for the past two minutes, until he tapped your shoulder softly, finally managing to capture your undivided attention. You immediately looked up from your tea and into his heterochromatic eyes.

"Is everything okay, [Y/N]?" He asked you; his expression soft and delicate. Kyoka was now also looking at you; mirroring Atsushi's visage. "You seem like you're lost in your own world."

"Atsushi, I need you to tell me something," you suddenly said. Atsushi's head tilted a fraction to the side, just enough to acknowledge that he'd heard the subtext in your words. You had always been told that you had all the subtlety of a hand grenade, and this saying was especially prevalent right now, as you had stated in a tone of all seriousness, "tell me what you know about Dazai."

A/N - O.O