Forty-Three | Unravelled.

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys

A/N - please don't press play on the song above just yet bbys. I'll tell you when you should at some point in the middle of the chapter!

The elevator doors opened and you and Dazai quickly pulled away from each other. Your gazes instantly moved towards the person who was currently standing on the other side of these silver elevator doors, and there stood, low and behind, Mr. President staring right back at the two of you with suspicion evidently dancing in his bright blue eyes. The wrinkles moved up the President's brow like a battalion advancing in platoon front.

Dazai cleared his throat. You slyly attempted to pull down the back of your skirt without seeming like you did something that you had not done, but could have potentially been on the verge of doing. The President looked at you, and then Dazai, and then back at you.

"Good day, Mr. President." Dazai told him; smiling wryly.

"Good day to you too, Dazai." The President responded, his tone still alarmingly suspicious. You didn't say anything. Instead, you just smiled at the old man innocently who seemed to be staring you down with those intense cerulean eyes of his with a sharp hint of silver slicing through his pupils.

"We...will get going now. It was nice seeing you." Dazai said. It was a weird thing to say, especially since you were literally just in a meeting with him not too long ago. But before you knew it, Dazai had grabbed your arm in a somewhat gentle yet rough manner as the two of you had stepped out of the elevator and the President had stepped inside. The elevator doors closed behind you, leaving the two of you alone in the hallway.

Dazai looked at you, and you looked back at him, mirroring one another's cheeky smiles; you didn't even need to explicitly say any words to know what he was thinking, and the feeling was mutual on his part too. He tightened his grip around your wrist as the two of you had speed-walked down the elongated hallway, heading straight towards Dazai's bedroom.

When you finally reached the door at the end of the hall—the door to Dazai's room, it took a matter of a few seconds before he had unlocked the door and pulled you inside. You were greeted with instant darkness. In the dark room, even the ticking had a relaxed feeling, as if it was a heartbeat at rest. You felt as if the air moved like cool water and the aroma of Dazai's cinnamon scented candles infused you, the sensual aroma inviting itself into your nostrils. In the darkness of the room the fabrics were muted hues, as if they too awaited the artificial light to ignite their colours for all to see. Dazai quickly reached out his hand for the light switch, struggling to find it at first, but once he flipped the switch, the room was instantly enveloped by a daring yellow light; turning the once twilight furniture into a bright burst of vibrant colours.

No words were being exchanged between you—just a shared communication of heavy breathing, hearts beating, passions igniting. Your heart felt hypersonic as it was beating rapidly against your chest, while your chest was rising up and down in full force; desperation and longing lingering in the air.