chapter 6

I woke up the next morning to a mouse shaking me. I opened my eyes to see both stunned Jay and Mouse standing over me.

"what.. what you doing" I looked over to my alarm clock to see that I am a half-hour late for my shift

"Cass do you not remember what happened," jay asked concerned.

"no, what happened," I asked confused.

" you have been screaming for the past two hours rolling around we couldn't wake you up," the mouse said sitting on my bed.

"I need i... I need to umm go to work I need to get to my shift I can't be late" I said not even realised what mouse said and walking out my room to the bathroom. 

I took a shower and got ready for work.

I walked out of the bathroom to see jay leaned against the wall arms crossed. " you aren't going to work"

"bye see you after my shift," I said completely ignoring his command and kissed him on the cheek and whispered in his ear" I'm fine I promise I love you ill call you if I need you ok" 

I walked out of the apartment and walked to work.

once I got to med I put my stuff away and went to maggie

" hey mags what you got for me"

 "I have a little girl age 3 with a broken arm in trauma 4 take Reese with you"

"got it," I said and grabbed Reese we went into the room.

I sanitized my hands and said " hi I am doctor smith and this is med student Reese"

I looked up from the iPad to see a blonde little girl with pigtails and a middle-aged black haired woman that I recognised but couldn't put a finger on it.

"so what happened today," I asked the woman.

"well we were at the park and she fell off the monkey mars and landed funny on her left arm funny," the woman said

"oh no well how about we give that arm a lool to see if you need a cast or just a sling is that ok," I ask the little girl and she gave me a little nod.

I gave her arm a little look and felt something irregular.

"Reese could you get an x-ray in here as soon as possible I am feeling some regularity"

"yeah no problem," Reese said typing on the iPad leaving the room.

"well we will be back in a moment if you need anything get a nurse to page me ok," I said to the woman who nods.

I leave the room and went to do some paperwork.

about half an hour later I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Reese.

"what's up," I asked.

"I got the x-ray from Ella," she said handing me the iPad

"Okay let's go," I said

we walked into the room and I said " so we got the x-ray back and Ella will need an operation to get back in place and a cast"

"no problem," she said

"okay we'll get you sorted and up there in a while"

we had gotten little Ella up to her operation.

I was sat in the break room when Will came in and sat next to me.

"you alright you look exhausted and you were late you're never late like ever," he said.

"I don't know will I woke up to jay and the noise above me shaking me I was screaming a bit I don't know... I don't know" I said freaking out.

"hey hey  calm down okay well don't freak out but when was the last time you went to therapy"

"umm I have had one since I came home but that's all" I sighed.

"maybe you should book one with doctor Charles now I'll go do your rounds and you go see him," he said taking the iPad off me

"Thanks will you the best," I said kissing his cheek.

"oh I know" he snickered

I had gone and booked my appointment with Dr Charles and I was sitting eating lunch on the bench when I felt a hand on my back and I tensed up.

"it's only me," a familiar voice said sitting down next to me.

"Hey Trudy what are you doing here," I asked.

"I came to check up on you," she said.

"what do you mean check up on me" then I realised " you had the boys come and check up on me"

"well not really actually," she said truthfully.

"wait what do you mean," I ask confused.

"This morning I was talking to mouse in his little hole when jay called him about you having like an episode nightmare thing and that you were going crazy so jay asked mouse to come and help him and he was out in a flash. With experience, I have seen jay at his worse and when I met mouse I knew that he was struggling and that you all served together you went through the same stuff and I wanted to help hopefully you aren't as stubborn as the boys"

" Thanks, Trudy I mean it it's nice to know that you noticed with them two or at least tried when I wasn't able to," I said guiltily.

"what's on your mind" she softly asked.

"when jay and I both did training together we didn't expect so many deaths and pain. When we first started There was nine of us we shared rooms all young boys except me it was hectic but I love every second of training but at the end of our first tour got tricky we were all kidnapped umm we were tortured and other things and a rescue team came and it ended up with one of us dead Jackson he was the oldest so he kept us in line, the mum of the group as you would say we haven't even talked about it since we said we only talk if it is eating us alive" I started to zone out

"Hey I'm not pushing you you're doing great," Platt said squeezing my hand.

"our second tour jay and mouses last tour it got a bit better still saw horrible things but there is this day that we all almost died we heard a bang went to investigate to see if anyone was hurt we were ambushed shot fired everywhere flashbang thrown. I couldn't see and when I could I look up to see three of our men James, Marcus and Spenser bleeding out jay had a massive gash on his head covering his eye, mouse was shot in the forearm and I got shot on the shoulder we tried to help them save them but they died umm I still see there faces when they died and the pain they were in and I still see the pain jay and mouses eyes when they we were at the funeral and I left them to both go home alone and not help the whilst me logan and jake the two others who survive to go back there and I have regretted it every day of my life from there nightmare the booze the drugs I don't deserve all this help when they didn't have anyone to help them with there daemons" I said tears streaming down my face my arms wrapped around my legs

not realising both jay and mouse was behind me.

"you might wanna turn around and talk to them"

I turn around seeing their faces blank.

mouse pulled me into a large hug with jay.

we stud there for a while just embarrassing each other sent and comfort.
We went home after my shift we invited jake and Logan with us and we just sat in our apartment in silence comforting each other whilst  watching a movie

🤠🤠🤠🤠

𝑖 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑖 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖 𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑣𝑖𝑠𝑢𝑎𝑙 .

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ