chapter 36

it was finally Christmas day I woke up to my phone going off and looked at it to see that it was my brother.

"good morning," I said in a tired voice.

"Please tell me you haven't just woken up" he laughed.

"I haven't just woken up," I said bluntly.

"cass it is Christmas day at it is 10 o'clock I was expecting you to be awake,"  he said

"well then brother you thought wrong," I said.

"is Jay up yet," he asked.

I looked beside me and saw Jay practically dead to the world.

"Nope, he is still dreaming" I laughed.

"well I just wanted to say Merry Christmas and that's for the presents you got us and the kids," he said.

"Merry Christmas to you too and you are very welcome and thank you for the gift you got us," I said.

"Well I best be off I will see you in a couple of hours," e said because he was coming around with the kids and dad for Christmas dinner.

"well see you in a bit then," I said and we hung up.

I put my phone back onto the table and I turned around and started to kiss Jay's face which made him stir awake.

"Merry Christmas baby we gotta get up," I said.

"What time is it," he asked stretching.

"it is ten," I said and he looked shocked

"We slept in really late," he said.

"well let's just say we were tired after last night," I said kissing his lips and getting out of bed.

"where are you going," he asked.

"well, I am getting some coffee and then we are going to open presents," I said walked in out of the room and he slowly followed.

I got the coffee brewing whilst Jay sorted out the presents into two piles and considering that we were both adults we got quite a lot of presents.

once the coffee was done I gave Jay his cup and sat down on the couch legs crossed and we both started to open our presents, we both got some quite good stuff well stuff that we needed.

I got to my last gift to see it was a small box and it was from Jay. "what's this" I asked shaking it.

"open it and find out," he said smiling.

so I did as he said and slowly opened the box to see that it was a ring. and I sat shocked he then proceeded to take it off of me and kneel on his kneel.

"I have been wanting to do this for years but I thought this was the right was I know you don't want anything big so I'm just going to ask Cassandre Smith will you marry me," he said and sat shocked tears in my eyes hands over my mouth.

"yes you idiot I will marry you," I said bringing him into a long and passionate kiss. 

after the kiss, I put the ring on my finger and I looked back to Jay.

"you chose well-baby" I smiled.