chapter 15

it had been a couple of days since my first day back and it was the day of that gala event, but currently, I was still on shift which was surprisingly dead we didn't have many big cases only the odd one then the rest was just people coming in with the flu since it was now coming up to flu season.

I was sat at the nurse station going through paperwork that I needed to catch up on when I sensed somebody behind me.

"what's up," I asked not looking behind me.

"how do you always know when someone is either looking at you or behind you," April said and I turned around and saw that he, Sarah and Natalie were all stood behind me.

"I was in the army I was constantly on my toes which sadly becomes a habit and also I grew up with the Halsteads and they were little shits anyway what can I help you with ladies," I asked.

"We were just wondering if you will be going in your uniform or just a dress," Sarah asked.

"why would I be going in my uniform I thought it was a formal event," I said.

"it is and most people at events like these they were their uniform," Natalie said.

"wait you have had one of these before," I said surprised.

oh yeah, every year but this year they have decided to add the military" April said

"oh th\t is a bad idea, I mean a ton of mentally unstable, horn people who haven't been laid n a while mixed with alcohol it is worse than mentos and coke" I sad.

"that bad" Nat said.

"I have so many videos it is so funny but do warn you to stay out of their way" I warned.

"stay out of whos way," Ethan asked waling over

"oh, I was just warning the girls not to get involved in the military people that will be there because it will be a disaster," I said.

"oh yeah stay away for your own sake," he said walking of shuddering which made me laugh.

"you wearing your uniform or not," April asked.

"probably yeah but only to piss off the old unit that I have more medals than then and a higher rank" I laughed.

"your old units going," Sarah asked.

"well I mean from my unit mouse and Jay will be there then there is are others my captain the others are dead and then the recruits that joined over the years will be there," I said. 

"well is am interested in how the evening will end," Natalie said and they all walked off.

*end of the shift at home*

I was getting ready in my uniform when Jay walked in his police uniform and holding his medals from the army.

"what is up," I asked.

"Voight recommended that I wear my police uniform but then wear my medals so can you help me put them on," he asked.

"yeah sure give me one minute," I said putting my last couple of medals on.

"come here," I said helping him.

"you know Erin's jaw is going to drop when she sees you" I smirked.

"Cass you know nothing can happen between us because of Voight," he said in a sad Voight.

"Jay just because Voight doesn't allow you to date each other don't mean her obvious feeling for you are just going to disappear into thin air that isn't going to happen she likes you and you like her no matter how much voight hates it he can't do anything about it," I said putting his medals on.