♛72♛

tw/cw: descriptions of fevers, cursing

I'm very serious about this guys, if any of this, even a tiny bit, makes you feel the slightest bit weird, uncomfortable, anything. Stop reading. Don't read the chapters with these warnings. I do in fact give them for a reason, and I'd hate for any of you to experience anything negative because I didn't provide good enough warnings.

Also, im leaning towards a sequel *and/or* a streamer book.
because I have. Her character, so planned out.
Oh, I was thinking about doing a "City of Mizu" sort of side chapter based on Karl's tales of the smp stream, debating it, but I feel like it'd be interesting.

Anyways, food for thought, I'm kinda fixated on it ngl.

Also-

Cypress uh, she has a 'boss' theme, or a character theme now. Sage made it! And I was send it, and it's really cool. There will be a link below to listen because im not sure how to get it onto youtube. Thank you so soso sos much

*Just type it in, and it should be listenable*

https://onlinesequencer.net/1825284 

―――――――――――

Ranboo had fallen asleep on her lap, her slender fingers combing the knots out of his two toned hair, hoping to bring him comfort. The time alone had given the woman time to think. She wondered what would happen to Dream, if he somehow survived. Tommy and Tubbo hated her, she could count on that much. Despite the reassurance many of her allies gave her, filling the hole she had carved out herself seemed impossible. Her only goal was to help people, regardless of how much it took.

In the end, this was the best ending. No one had died aside from Dream, and while he had been one of her best friends, that man was too far gone for even her to save. Cypress could only hope that one day he'd see the damage he'd done, and feel awful for it. She looked up, past the trees, a small grunt coming from her once a few stray droplets hit her nose. Glancing down at Ranboo, she removed her slightly torn coat, draping it over as much skin as she possibly could. The panic room was at least a mile away, and with how the teen reacted to water, it wasn't in either of their best interests to travel if it was beginning to rain.

Cypress looked around for a few seconds, humming, before gently picking up the teen as best she could, shifting them over a canopy of trees. It wasn't the best cover, but the two trees standing tall next to each other could provide more cover than in the open. The woman unwrapped the first layer of her blood-stained clothes, draping the fabric over the teen in hopes to keep him more covered. She was wearing a sweater Dream had originally gifted her, the sage green wool-like fabric was comforting, despite the man it came from.

The ravenette felt the  wind pick up, and she made a side glance to Ranboo, who mumbled and shifted, but remained asleep. Cypress breathed softly, there wasn't really a way for anyone else to find them, so the two would just have to wait it out, or more so she would have to wait it out.
After confirming that the makeshift tent wouldn't leak any water onto the teen, she propped herself against a tree yet again, shifting her legs into a cross, setting her elbows on her legs.

Cypress' body shook as she sighed, feeling more droplets start to fall onto her face. She didn't exactly favor rain, most of her experiences were spent with Phil at the fishing pond, but feeling water drop onto her face made her heart race. It had taken a lot of convincing for people to believe she was strong minded, past the trauma. The woman hated to admit it effected her more than she had wished, taking captive over aspects of her life. It reminded her of Schlatt, the dropping water. She could only hope more memories would replace her old ones, mainly due to the fact she felt her mind teetering over the edge.

Ranboo shifted in his sleep, clutching onto the comfortable fabric draped around him, he had began mumbling more as well. She let her gaze shift down to him, drying her hand off, before combing out his multi-colored hair out again, seeing the teen visibly calm down and sink into her hand.  She was cold, most definitely, but having Ranboo comfortable was her current top priority.

Cypress felt her skin heating uncomfortably, each raindrop hitting her skin seemed to sizzle and then evaporate, gifting her momentary relief. She felt her body weaken significantly, and immediately moved to lay her body down, hoping to transfer some of the cooling earth to her own self. 

The woman had lost track of time, the rain was slowing, but her skin felt raw, burning itself from the inside out. Her body was crumpled up, her knees tucked into her chest. She had long discarded the sweater, leaving the woman in a tank top in hopes to cool herself down further. Her mind didn't seem to function, her thoughts blurred out and scrambled.

Ranboo groaned softly, slowly raising his body, running his hands down his face, rubbing the sleep from his multi-colored eyes. He looked up, seeing layers of white fabric over him, before his eyes trailed to the puddles dotted across the forest floor.

"Cypress?" He called softly, panic ebbing into his being when she didn't respond. It was worrying, seeing the amount of scars littering what skin he could see. He moved his hand, setting it on her shoulder before pulling back with a hiss.

"Cypress." He called again, shaking her leg instead. There was no response aside from the occasional pants and groans that came from her.
"H..Hold on we can get to Techno." He pulled the silken coat off of his body, wrapping it across her body.

The teen struggled for a few seconds, typing the sweater around his waist, abandoning the robes which had already been tattered and blood-stained, before picking up the woman, avoiding any skin contact.
"Cypress, can you hear me?" He called softly, beginning to quickly walk back to where Technoblade and Phil were currently living.

"Please answer me, I'm scared.." he trailed off, his voice cracking towards the end. He felt a hand wrap around his gloved wrist, feeling a weak squeeze.

"You'll be okay.. it's okay.." In that moment he wanted to use the word mom desperately, it seemed to fit more than he thought.

"Please be okay..."