♛7♛

CW:violence,  blood, cursing

Cypress' POV

―――――――――――

After my conversation with Wilbur, I went and began to prepare targets, as well as an area we could all practice in. I hadn't seen much of Eret lately, but surprisingly he also came to help.

"So.. why were you out with the dream team?"He asked, carrying a bundle of charred wood over to where I was, Fundy had also come over with medical supplies just in case someone got hurt. I shrugged, I was tying painted fabric to an old barrel. 

"I was sent out to good food, that Sap guy found me, and then they just threatened me a bit. Made me burn some trees."I tried, trying to focus on tying all of the fabrics, I had three in total. Eret looked at me odd, not that I could see his eyes, but his eyebrows were furrowed. He didn't question me anymore, I assumed it was because he bought my lie. Once I finished them all, I positioned them on the stack of logs, making sure each was a similar height.

"Do you guys have sword,axes..? weapons we could use, maybe some bows?" I asked, picking up the wooden axe I had crafted a few minutes before the barrels. I had two extra swords, as well as three extra bows. Eret nodded, pulling out a stone sword, which he immediately swapped for a wooden one that Fundy had now made. Tommy and Tubbo came bounding at the three adults, successfully running straight into Fundy who fell over onto the soft grass.

"You arseholes. Come on."Fundy grumbled, watching as I tossed the two swords to the younger boys. Wilbur also decided to join us after his somewhat of an emotional breakdown, and picked up the sword that Fundy had created.

"Wait wait.. Men. How do we even know this woman knows how to fight?"Tommy asked, confidently swinging the wooden sword around his finger tips. "I want to fight her."He says simply, a cocky grin making its way onto his face. I gave him a small thumbs up and walked over to the clearing.

"You want to fight Tommy? We can fight. But don't go whining to Tubbo over there once you lose~"I teased, tossing up my axe, and adjusting my grip onto the leather bonded wood. I kept my stance very loose and relaxed, something I had picked up from an old friend. Tommy looked dedicated, he was tight. He ran at me, swinging his sword. I sighed, there was a lot to do. I stuck out my brown boots, stepping slightly to the side. I felt pressure on my foot, and then a loud 'Oof', before something hit the ground. Tommy was laying on his stomach, his sword in front of him with a scowl on his face. I moved away from him. He wanted to fight, I'd give him three chances to land a hit on me.

"We aren't playing some silly game. Tommy, this is a war that will happen. You think Dream, Sapnap, George, and whoever's on their side will give one flying fuck? What you did right now would've gotten you killed. We do not have more than one life Tommy. Tell me you understand." I snapped at him, I had full intentions to be rough with him. Tubbo and Tommy, they acted like this was a game, that they'd just come back if something happened. They wouldn't." I've lost people Tommy. My friends, some family, people I care about. I will not watch you die in a war I could've prepared you better for. So get back on your feet. Stop fighting me like a child. Fight me like the man you claim to be."

And with that, he popped back up, a new passion in his eyes. He was determined, whether it was to beat me, win the war, or beat dream, I didn't care.

"You're sloppy. Relax."I advised, and then motioned for him to come at me. Instead of rushing head first into battle, he waited a second before running at me. He was catching on a little. Instead of swinging he threw a punch, I quickly ducked my head, and tackled into his torso. Both of us fell to the ground, he was struggling."Do not let your enemy predict what you do. Keep them on edge, be unpredictable."

As if proving my statement, he bucked his legs and threw me off. I landed on the toes of my boots, pointing my axe at his figure."We can work on your sword fighting skills."I paused, and turned to the rest of the group."Why are you all just standing there. Grab a partner. Share whatever knowledge you have and start practicing. Dream and them aren't going to roll over for us."

Tommy stood up, breathing for a second, he moved closer due to my request. I swapped out my axe for a sword to make this easier. As far as I know, no one in the dreamsmp really used an axe. I positioned my sword in front of me, Tommy mirroring my stance. I held up my hand, and moved to him. I tucked my foot between one of his and widened it.

"You're too closed and tight. You can't move efficiently like this." I suggested, I then lifted his elbow a little, and fixed his overall posture, which was horrendous. I patted his shoulder before moving back to where I was."Strike at me."I ordered, and he did. He stabbed his sword forward. I tucked my own sword underneath his, flicking my wrist up causing the boy to fall forward with his stride. He let out a groan of annoyance and threw the sword to the ground.

"Cypress lets fight with stone swords. This isn't dangerous enough, there's no risk of getting hurt." He grumbled out, I sighed and fetched two stone swords instead, handing one to him.

"Tommy, I hope you know, I don't plan on hurting you. You're a kid. You shouldn't even be exposed to this stuff so early on. But I'll give you the chance to fight on a real target. You won't hurt me badly, so don't hold back." I moved away, holding up my sword again. Something in my mind told me he was serious, that having the danger and risk of getting hurt would improve his skills. He nodded, holding up his sword as well.

For the first time, I decided to strike at him, I swung my sword upwards, almost hitting the tip of his jaw before he blocked mine from above. I pulled my sword back, going back to my relaxed stance. He charged at me this time. Unfortunately, I thought he was going to do the same move, charge, and stab blindly. Instead he charged forward and swung his sword at the last minute up and right. I blinked while it was all happening, and out of habit I reached out and grabbed his sword, the smooth stone creating a cut on the palm of my left hand hand. I switched my sword into my bleeding hand, snatched the back of his shirt, spun him around, before pulling him back into my chest. I breathed out softly, before forcefully throwing us both to the ground, him acting as my pillow. He let out a groan, going limp on the floor underneath me. I climbed off of him, shaking my bleeding hand.

"Got blood on your shirt, whoops sorry."I laughed, not really genuine in my apology. The rest of the members had been sparring, and stopped when we had. For a kid, Tommy was pretty good.

Fundy carefully bandaged my hand, it sort of sucked because I had a tendency to switch my weapon between my hands, so if one was injured, I could swap. Unfortunately, I couldn't close my hand or the bleeding would worsen. Wilbur scolded me for letting Tommy hit me, I responded with a sheepish laugh.

Part of me wants to believe it was the feeling of eyes on my form that had distracted me.