♛38♛

I would like to start this out by saying, this is not a happy chapter. There isn't always a happy ending at the end of the tunnel. Please be aware of this.
Something's may be a little out of order.

tw/cw: detailed descriptions of death, cursing, some blood, the usual.

―――――――――――

The day of the final war was finally here. Cypress had an awful feeling brewing in her stomach, but she ignored it, giving weak smiles to her sons that seemed to look a bit sick. Techno had his boar skull on his face, covering everything but his mouth. He would occasionally look at his friend, who would greet him with a gentle smile. It was hard to think someone like her killed people. He breathed out gently, before walking over to her and her sons. Wilbur, had been off in the corner, he seemed to be in a better mood. The two adults knew why. Fundy and Quackity were talking while putting their armor on. Techno insisted Cypress wore at least a few garments. 

In around ten minutes they were all ready, that was until Technoblade decided to break the news about his secret room. This reminded Tommy and Tubbo of an earlier time, a control room with a friend. Seeing as Cypress trusted the monarch and followed him without question, they decided to as well. Nervousness ate away at the group's insides as Techno swam into the middle of the lake, the adults following. When everyone was in the room, they all marveled at the amount of things present. Most of them took a set of armor, some health potions, ender pearls, whatever they decided they would need.

Cypress had pulled her two children aside, looking at the black ground for a second before pulling them both into a tight hug.

"You have to promise me you'll be careful."She mumbled. The woman wasn't happy with Wilbur's insistence that they go to war for the second time. They both hugged her back.

"Don't worry mum, we'll be fine."Tommy guaranteed, waving it off as if it was nothing. Cypress sighed. She had to trust them.

"Okay, but, please, please, stay alive okay? I love you." Tommy shook his head, pressing a kiss to her cheek as he rolled his eyes.

"We'll be fine mum, this isn't our first rodeo." He gently tapped on her head with his fist, which got a glare shot in his direction.

"Yeah mum, no need to worry."Tubbo said happily, sinking into her warm arms.
"I love you too." Tommy rolled his eyes, before letting out a grumbled 'I love you'. They both pulled away, following Wilbur who led them out of the base. Techno and Cypress were the last in there, a few steps away. She paused for a second before going to talk. The slightly taller man looked a lot more intimidating with the skull on his head. With a confident breath, she moved over to his, gripped his shoulder, before pressing her lips to his.

"Hopefully I'll see you after this?"She asked after pulling away. Cypress wasn't sure why she did it, but the moment felt right so she went for it. Techno looked shocked, he was touching his lips, blinking as if trying to regain his confidence. He reached for the back of her neck, carefully pulling her into him. She blinked a few times, carefully wrapping her arms around him.

"I hope I wasn't stepping out of line?" She began, and then being cut off by him shoving her face into him as if to silence her. Techno was currently freaking out. Wasn't he supposed to make the first move? He'd never kissed anyone before, but I mean he thought it was nice. He just needed a second to let his brain calculate what just happened.

"No just. Stay. for a second."He spoke out, trying to calm his beating heart. Cypress was now growing concerned, she couldn't exactly breath as well as she'd wish she could. She took in a large breath once Techno let her pull away. Only two or three minutes had passed since the others had left. Her friend looked down at her slightly before gently placing a hand on her cheek. His hands were a little cooler than her face, but they were warm nonetheless. Techno paused for a second before gently pulling her lips back to his. God, she was so warm and it made him melt inside.