♛9♛

CW:Blood, violence, gore, cursing

There is one section that even made me a bit squeamish writing about it, so I figured I'd give everyone a heads up :)

―――――――――――

This was Eret's final meeting with the trio, including Punz, who had offered to help destroy the new nation. The tall, brown haired man had an idea of the plan. The final control room. After the Dream Team and Punz retreated, he would lead his friends to their death and the fall of his supposed nation. He was promised the role of a king, as well as his safety. Before the meeting ended, he asked for one person in particular to return to his newly built castle, not dead of course. There he would have his golden throne, as a well as a crown. He would be a King. Being more understanding than their leader, George and Sapnap agreed to avoid killing his friend. Dream seemed bitter about it, but let it happen. If he truly wanted the black haired woman dead, he wouldn't have allowed this.

―――――――――――

The next morning was one filled with dread. The group of six were all up before the sun rose, preparing themselves with armor and newly sharpened weapons. They didn't have much to their name, but if they had a chance if they fought, they immediately  lost if they didn't. Cypress was currently hooking her own armor, which she had while she was traveling, onto her body. Of course it wasn't iron or even made of diamonds, but it was a shined ruby red, which ironically was the material it was made out of. It wasn't very heavy. The armor provided protection but was somewhat breathable. Opting for her friends safety over her own, she allowed Tubbo to wear her chestplate, seeing as it would probably fit the smaller boy better. Tommy was gifted her old sword, as well as the boots and hat of the set. For herself she took the leggings, which provided protection for her legs specifically. The two boys had thanked her, trying on the armor almost immediately. They seemed happy, so she allowed them to keep the pieces for good. 

Once the group was ready, they all piled out of the hotdog van. They had mismatched armor pieces, which might've looked a bit silly, but it got the job done. Wilbur nudged her shoulder, handing her a crossbow. It looked newly made and had a bright blue shimmer to it. She thanked him before reaching down and squeezing his hand. He squeezed back tightly, before walking forward, his L'Manberg cape swishing behind him elegantly. Cypress moved over to Eret, and placed a hand on his shoulder, giving the taller boy a tired smile.

"How are you holding up Eret? You've seemed a little distant."She asked, her soft gaze turning in one of concern. The man paused, it took everything in him not to break down in front of the smaller woman. Her eyes looked so kind, so full of genuine worry. It baffled him how someone so good could be caught up in all of this. She cared about everyone here, taking out her own time to help them win with no clear reward.

"Do..."He paused, licking his dry lips,"Do you think it's selfish to save yourself?"He asked quietly, he was looking in her direction, but due to his glasses she couldn't have seen his downcast look. Cypress thought for a second, before holding both of his hands.

"Look at me,"She asked softly, squeezing his fingers between her own,"It isn't selfish Eret. It means you care about your wellbeing. We'll make it through all of this darkness, even if blind and stumbling. There's always an end to the tunnel, we just have to keep walking until we find it."Cypress spoke gently. Eret was about to start bawling in the younger woman's arm. He pulled her into a gentle hug, resting his chin on the crown of her head. He hoped the trio would keep their promises. He couldn't handle losing her too. Cypress hugged the taller man back, her whispers promising safety, and that everything would be okay. It was only until Fundy came and told them that they would be firing at the trio.