♛5♛

"Go on little Spy. A little fire never hurt anyone" and with that, she let the raven haired man drag her to the woods surrounding L'Manberg

―――――――――――

Cypress was next to Sapnap, trying to keep up with his long strides. He would glance at her every few second, then a quick glance behind him. Dream and George were following not too far behind, she assumed they wouldn't let her run. So she didn't. Once the pair came to the area where the black and yellow walls were in place, she froze. Was she really about to burn her new home? Betray the people who took her in? It wasn't until Sapnap held her shoulder, giving her a small, apologetic smile.

―――――――――――

Sapnap's Pov.

When I had first met Cy, the first things I took into consideration were her looks. She was tall, around my height actually, and she wasn't insanely thin either. She had muscle on her, specifically her legs and her broad shoulders. If I was being honest with myself, her figure wasn't quite a traditional feminine one. Cypress had dark brown hair, bordering on black. There wasn't much color to her skin, a few pinkish marks on her face, as well as a light dusting of acorn colored freckles. She was quite pretty in all honesty, intimidating even. I hadn't got a proper look at her eyes until I smiled at her. Her eyes had a brown ring around her pupil, the rest being a somewhat lighter blue. They were captivating, but I didn't have time to exam them further. Cypress was going to help us burn down the trees surrounding L'Manberg. I had felt bad, she genuinely did appear completely horrified at what Dream had suggested. She was like a sister to me, despite meeting her only an hour or so ago

―――――――――――

"C'mon, You have your flint and steel right?" He asked, nudging Cypress a little. She seemed lost in her own thoughts. Cypress nodded,  cautiously pulling out the metal and the flint. Her body was almost shaking at this point.

"Let her light the first one Sap."Dream called, making the two freeze. Cypress let out a strangled laugh and walked up to one of the tall oak trees that towered over her. She was whispering to herself, assuring herself that things would be okay. That maybe they'd forgive her. Cypress was hesitating too much. Sapnap watched Dream make irritated strides towards the girl. He roughly gripped onto her arm.

"Do it." He sneered into her ear."Burn it down Cypress" She let out a soft whimper, trying to pull herself away from the tall man.  Dream let out a short laugh.

"Do you want to hear something funny?" He paused,"Your name, Cypress. They're trees aren't they? Am I correct?" Cypress slowly nodded, about to speak before the man cut her off again."Use your words."The lime figure spat.

"They're trees. evergreen I think."She answered, deciding it was best not to test the man that could kill her without blinking an eye. Dream had a grin on his face, before he carefully gripped onto her hands which held the flint and steel.

"I'll give you an option. You have a minute to decide."He paused, moving closer to her ear before roughly speaking again."You either light the fucking tree, or you can make like your namesake and burn with them.. 60, 59, 58, 57, 56, 55-" He slowly started counting down, releasing her hands, standing with her back to his chest.

Cypress was scared. She knew his words were true, he would watch her body burn if she didn't do this. he was on 40 seconds left. She could possibly fight him, but given her current situation, and lack of armor and tools, she didn't think it was a good idea. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Tommy and Tubbo. One was looking at her intently, the other looked at her with sympathy. Tubbo nudged Tommy, before looking back at Cypress. He gave her a slow nod, trying to signal it was okay for her to do this. They knew something was happening with her and Dream, George, and Sapnap. They didn't know if Wilbur, Eret, or Fundy would forgive the girl, but they would. 

"I'm so sorry"Cypress yelled at quickly, striking the flint and steel, finally lighting the oak tree on fire. Dream patted her shoulder.

"When I tell you to do something. You do it. You do not question why I'm asking. If I tell you to jump off a cliff, you'll jump. If I tell you to cut your hand off. You do it. You'll be a good little spy won't you?"He growled out. Cypress quickly nodded, his words were true in her eyes. She couldn't fathom why he would want her to listen to him down to the T.

"Good girl."He pulled away from her,"Go light the rest of the trees. Any hesitation and we'll be back in this exact place."

With his final order, she stumbled away from the man, starting to light the oak and birch trees surrounding L'Manberg on fire. She hated herself for not fighting back. It would've been a 3 against 1. Sapnap probably wouldn't try to permanently injure her, but the other two she wasn't so sure.Sapnap had taken the left side of the nation, quickly and efficiently lighting the trees. George and Dream were setting up the few canons, giving a warning shot with everyone. Cypress had finished burning the trees on her side, she met back where they had came from. Sapnap was also on his way back, the flames licking at both of their feet. They stood together, staring at the burning forests around them. Her maroon hoodie had burnt holes on the sleeves, her hands coated with soot and ash. Sapnap looked at her, noticing the smeared ash on her face, her eyes were red and puffy. He didn't know whether it was from the smoke or because she had been crying.

Once Dream and George reunited with Sapnap and Cypress, they both looked at the grin etched on Sapnap's face. He had an affiliation with fire, the latter of the two had a weird look on their face. Almost as if they were puzzled, or conflicted.

As much as she hated to admit it, Cypress loved the way the trees burned. It was all so beautiful and gut-wrenching at the same time. Dream gave her a grin, almost as if realizing what was happening. He patted on her shoulder, and motioned for them all to follow. George and Sapnap left, the trio watched the girl, waiting for her to join them.

She enjoyed watching it all burn.