♛23♛

Niki and Cypress bonding pog? A wholesome chapter for the trauma :)
Someone pm'd me, sort of asked some questions! So maybe I'll do a small q/a if people want to hear about the plans or about me in general. Of course answers may be pretty vague because everyone likes surprises, but I could talk about what direction this'll all go into :D

―――――――――――

Cypress was put on immediate bed rest. The five boys currently waiting around her house included Tubbo, Quackity, Sapnap, Karl, and of course Dream. They had all collectively decided they probably shouldn't be helping the woman take a shower, and instead called Niki, who was there within 10 minutes. The shorter woman, to say the least, looked horrified at the thin blood trail leading up stairs. The boys had forgotten to clean it up, looking a bit guilty. Sapnap, Tubbo and Quackity were attempting to make soup with healing potions mixed in, and they could admit it wasn't going as well as they hoped it would, but it wasn't fully inedible.

Dream and Karl led Niki upstairs, standing outside Cypress' door. She had been sleeping a lot of the injuries off, which could possibly cause a bit of conflict in getting her up, but before Niki could ask, the two boys, were gone

Niki gently knocked on the mahogany door, opening it after a few seconds. The boys had explained that she was having trouble speaking, forcing the black haired woman to start writing on a notepad Tubbo had spare. It wasn't the best solution, but until they could figure out what was actually wrong, it would have to do. Niki held back a whimper of her own, her friend was half lidded in bed, gently tapping her fingers as if she were playing a mini piano, Cypress' gaze floated over the woman, giving her a small smile in attempts to lift the mood. 

Niki carefully walked over to Cypress, setting her arms around the older's shoulder, gently lifting her up."Hey, we gotta walk over to the bathroom, would you like me to get help?"She asked softly, slightly humming once Cypress shook her head no. Niki nodded, helping her friend stand. Her legs were wobbling, but she reached out for her axe, using the sharpened edge to stable herself like a walking stick. If the situation wasn't so upsetting, Niki would've laughed, instead she led her friend into the bathroom, starting up the bath.

Cypress was too exhausted to care about getting undressed in front of Niki, the latter didn't exactly mind, they were both girls anyway and it was better that she was here instead of one of the boys. Niki gently lifted the torn sweater off her friend, closing her eyes tightly at her blood stained body. The older woman laughed a little, wincing when it came out as raspy, she patted Niki's head lightly, before undressing herself. When Cypress started moving to get into the tub, Niki grabbed onto her, slowly easing the injured woman in, before grabbing a bucket and the softest sponge they could find.

"Is it okay if I wash your back down?"She asked hesitantly, not wanting to hurt her friend, but her back was by far the worst injury she had. Thankfully, scabs had already started forming due to the amount of healing potions she was drinking every day, it sped up the process significantly. She heard Cypress hum, giving her consent, which led Niki to start gently scrubbing the dried blood off her back. Her friend had decently long hair, it was always pulled up neatly, but now that it was down and slightly wet, she realized how long it was.

"N.."Cypress barely got out an 'n' sound before almost choking, Niki froze,"It's okay Cy, what do you need?" Cypress paused again, shaking her head, it was unbearable."Ni, ki?"She tried again, gently rubbing her throat to soothe the pain. Upon closer inspection, Niki noticed the dark,amaranthine bruises coating the woman's neck. It made her heart clench."Im here Cypress,"She soothed as best as she could, continuing to rub down the olders back, resisting the urge to trace over the name carved into her skin. It made her own blood boil, she wanted to kill the man who caused this. Cypress was one of the most loving and strongest people, mentally and physically, she had ever met, seeing her in this torn down, fragile state made her own heart hurt. For god's sake Dream and Sapnap were here worried about her, Quackity and Karl, who were on Shlatt's side. They were here, making an attempt to help the abused woman.

Cypress took a short breath, trying to bare the discomfort,"Niki, i'm scared."She muttered softly, lowering her tone, which seemed to help her words form. The younger was proud of her, she was adjusting herself to find what was easy,"What are you scared of?" She asked, just as quietly, beginning to scrub chunks of blood from her normally sleek black hair.

"Am I weak?" She asked, seeming a bit conflicted to herself, Niki ran her fingers through Cypress' hair,"No, you are one of the strongest people I have ever met." She was truthful about this too, Niki didn't think she'd have the guts to pursue torture so calmly, and still manage to be in one piece. She didn't know the extent of what happened, but Dream had spoken about how rough she looked when he got there, as well as this was only a temporary thing. He was only there to ensure Cypress' safety and recovery.

"Cypress."Niki started,"You aren't weak,"She repeated, hoping her message sunk in."You aren't weak, a wise king once told me words from a friend, It isn't selfish, she told him. It means you care about your wellbeing. We'll make it through all of this darkness, even if blind and stumbling. There's always an end to the tunnel, we just have to keep walking until we find it." Cypress blinked slowly, letting out the most genuine laugh, although raspy, Niki had heard. She smiled.

"You know Niki, you're right. It'll be okay." At the end of the day, to Cypress at least, she was still herself. She had her values, her family, sure there were always rough patches, its unavoidable. She was confident she'd be okay some day, and she clung onto that thought. 'hanging out', if you could even call it that, with Niki opened her eyes, and it sprung more determination into her being. She would get better.

Niki looked at her a bit confused, Cypress suddenly stood up, a little shaky at first but she was up. Her scars were a proof she lived. Every cut mark, every bruise and wound that didn't heal properly. Her slightly out of line nose, the blemishes that coated her high cheekbones. Her not really thin, not really large body, a medium size. The stretch marks coating her legs and her arms. Any sort of mark on her body was proof she was alive. Sure it could be rough to look at, but it was her, and she was far from perfect. 

Cypress moved and gripped onto the white bath towel, wrapping it around herself,"Help me get dressed Niki?"She asked calmly, the shine returning to her eyes. Niki had felt something change in her friend, she seemed a lot happier all of a sudden, the younger woman wasn't complaining at all, in fact she happily nodded.

"I'll be sure you're written in history books, as long as i'm alive you'll never be forgotten Niki. Thank you for being here with me tonight, it means a lot. You'll always have a special play in my heart."Cypress paused, turning and smiling at her friend.

"I love you."