SIDE FACTS AND MORE AUTHOR'S NOTES

Hi dear reader,

I didn't think it's necessary to write a 'side facts' part at the end of I Love You, Sir because I always wrote the notes at the end of (almost) every chapter but I received several private messages asking me to write something so here goes.

1. Two Roads 3 and I Love You, Sir have the same time setting.

1.1 When JB, Amber, Christian, Justin, and Tyron were in 10th grade, so were Nathan, Vince and Cathy.
1.2 While JB received a lot of (expensive) gifts on Christmas that year, Nathan made the countdown alone (his family was sleeping and they had nothing on the table), until Vince came and talked to Nathan, and Sir Niccolo came after that, to celebrate Nathan's birthday.
1.3 While Nathan and Sir Niccolo went on a date on Valentine's, JB was in the hospital because he cut his wrist.

2. Wheel Turns and I Love You, Sir ended at the same time.

This is an obvious side fact.

3. The names of most characters were inspired by important people in history in terms of Music and Arts.

Nathaniel Hark Donovan - Robert Nathaniel Dett and the song Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (music)

Niccolo Raphael Mar - Niccolo Paganini (music) and Raphael (Raffaello Sanzio da Urbino - arts)

Vincent Yulo - Vincent Van Gogh (arts)

Basti (Neilson Sebastian Angeles) - Johann Sebastian Bach (music)

Kuya Leo - Leonardo da Vinci (arts)

Tito Mike - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni - simply known as Michelangelo (arts)

Tita Donna - Donato di Niccolo di Betto Bardi - better known as Donatello (arts)

Tito Deo (Amadeo - Cathy's dad) - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (music)

Tita Ludy (Cathy's mom) - Ludwig Van Beethoven (music)

4. Cathy and her brother Carlo were not included in the original story plan.

The idea of having a female friend for Nathan, and eventually a lover for Vince was never planned. It just cropped up while I was writing it. But then, I didn't expect them to be important characters that's why I didn't choose better names for them (not that I don't like Cathy and Carlo's names but I could have thought of better sounding ones).

I decided that there should be a female character that matters just like in Two Roads 3 (Amber Williams) and Wheel Turns (Celine Jao). That is to also balance the theme since I started the story with a not-so-good note about women (because of Eloisa Evasco - being so easy and wild and all, Nathan's mom - being ugly and a nagger, as well as Venice Magallanes - being so self-entitled, clingy, obsessive, and unreasonable) I felt the need to create a female character who is kind, supportive, strong, and intelligent.

Carlo was supposed to be the bully who will hurt Nathan but I decided it's best if it would be Vince, his very own best friend.

5. I did not expect ILYS to be this long.

When I started writing this story in September 2020, I thought I'd be able to finish it in just a month. Then I got so busy so I aimed to finish it by November. Then again, I had to battle with my own demons and face discouragements and I almost stopped writing. I was always tempted to delete the story from Wattpad.

I think that's all that I could think of as side facts. Anyway, I've put most of them at the end of the chapters.

I'll just answer some questions sent to me privately by some readers.