70. Here we go again

----

"The deeper into the Subconscious one goes, the more unpredictable the surrounding areas become." Fairy Godmother's voice wrung carefully, yet seriously throughout the room; a tone soft yet demanding full attention.

"Here we are in the low Forest"- she points at the cluster of trees at the base of the map.

"Next is Mountains, they often slope downwards into cliffs but the largest ones form plateaus". She points to the flat surface of a mountian. The image begins to zoom in, and a cluster of trees appears on the flat mountain top. "This is the higher Forest, here magic goes haywire-"

Thomas quirks a brow, "Really? Why?"

"Because of what's below it", the image moves downwards rapidly, as if it had fallen off the cliff- when the image stabilizes,  there remains nothing but a black and pitch-purple pulsing whirlpool of darkness.

"The void of the subconscious." Continues the Fae, "there is nothing that lies further than its entirety and anything that enters is highly unlikely to return."

Logic clears his throat, " I was aware of the principle idea of the void and its general location but  not exactly what it's purpose was used for."

The  Fairy turned to him, her face betrayed nothing but her tone was rather hard to ignore; Like a fire guarding nothing but a cold dead soul.

"Things that are broken and no longer useful are discarded into the void;  like old memories that are unable to be stored...infantile amnesia is the most common example, of course"

"Interesting", mumbles Logan again, "I never thought it would be able to take past memories. The more you know-"

"What would like to know", exclaimed Remus exasperated, "is if Magic is fucked up in that area, how come Queen Bitch is messing around? She's the one making these Ink things isn't she?"

Anxiety pipes in with a shrug, "I don't think so, maybe that guy's machine is giving her a power boost? With out the machine, she's got no Witch powers right?"

"So what, that's our plan, then?" Huffs Logan sarcastically. "Break the machine, hope for the best and somehow regroup some where else?"

Roman stands, pointer finger in the air. "Actually, that might work! If we can get in and out quickly, there's less risk involved for all of us." He places his hand on his chin, "Fairy Godmother, is there anything that we can use to say, I don't know, teleport there and back?"

The Fairy gives him a look but after a few seconds of the Prince's persistent puppy-dog eyes, she sighs. "It's not technically a method of teleportation, considering you can't control or alter the destinations, but I have an amulet; if you break it, you can return to my cabin untraced. I only have one, but all that should be in contact with the wearer, will return together"

Patton cheers, "alrighty then! So then that mean, all that's left is to find the machine-"

"I know where it is..."

They all turned to look at Remy

-----