51. The Past's future

AN/: Can y'all wish Blue a Happy Birthday? He's the best.

He's also the one setting up the Discord Server lol.
Read the AN below please!

-----

Everyone tensed when the figure disappeared.

Deceit grits his teeth, narrowed eyes scanning for any sign of the figure. He then side glanced at the Fairy, a quick enough motion to be seen by her but nothing that could completely hinder his view of the window. "This entire cottage is hidden under an illusion right? How safe are we here?"

Fairy Godmother exhales, "we are quite safe here dear serpent, it's near impossible to find my cottage if you weren't invited at least once. I can count on you knowing just what it would mean to enter a fae household uninvited right?" She smirks at him, walking towards the window "my illusion currently remains unbroken and even if that were to happen...", She pauses to pat the giant fly trap; it purrs, but remained facing the window, "Fifi and her siblings will make quick work of any intruders"

The Serpentine side didn't look too convinced.

The Fairy sighed and snapped her fingers and all the windows shut with a gust of wind; they glowed with a surrounding magic that was akin to an electric field. "There, that should assuage your concerns", she said, "nothing gets in or out without me knowing"

"But what about that thing outside?"

Everyone looks at Thomas. The Host was paler than usual and clutching onto the unconscious Anxiety with dear life. "If that thing is here does that mean that those Ink monsters know we're in the general area? And what about them?" He gestures with a sweep of his free hand at the downed Aspect and Sides.

Fairy Godmother gives him a sympathetic look.

"I am Sorry Master Thomas, but I can not do anything about the former, not without giving away our position that is. The illusion will hold so long as we all remain inside-"

"Wait", pipes Logan, "what's stopping them from finding us then? Just because something is invisible, does not mean it isn't there. What happens if one of those creatures simply walks into a wall?"

"Ah, well," the fairy picks at her finger nails somewhat sheepishly. "I suppose calling it an illusion is not quite accurate then. Think of it this way, What they can't see, does not exist"

"What?! That doesn't make any sense at all-"

"Oh! I know!" Patton jumps in excitedly, "It's like those cartoons, when you run off a cliff, you're fine until you look down!"

Fairy Godmother blinks then shrugs, "that is a crude way of explaining it but essentially that's the way my domain magic works. So long as the door remains closed that is"

Thomas sighs, that was the best he was going to get he figured. "Ok, I guess that's good enough for now, but what should we do about these guys?"

"Now that I can help with", smiles the Fae. She waves her wand and suddenly the room glows a pale pink...

When Thomas and his three conscious Personalities open their eyes, they find nothing different...except, that they're all clean. Not a spec of the previous day's dirt or grime could be seen. Unlike Remy, no one else had the chance to have showered. Sure they had washed up before eating the roast- with the exception of Remus and Janus- but that was obviously different.

Deceit looked down at the unconscious twins and his mind flashed to when the Roman just barely managed to save Remus when he was moments from fading. Biting the inside of his cheek the serpent tried to focus on the present. Things had moved rather quickly, all things considered. It could be rounded up to a mere solid three hours that they were present in the fae's cottage and in that time, there had been maps, painful healing, origin stories, food-that-was-likely-made-by-magic and four unconscious members of Thomas' mindscape.