27. Falling

Ok, first off i'd like to apologize. I took a nap yesterday at like 6 because I wasn't feeling well...I just woke up and it's freaking Thursday and i'm currently tripping. Lmao sorry y'all XD

-------

"Nnh! Come on!" Grunted Fiona, "you're made of coffee, stress and eyeshadow, how are you this heavy?"

The girl huffed, her hair falling in front of her face as she continued to struggle. Call it what you will, fear induced strength or simply pure muscle packed in a tiny body- but after a few minutes she actually managed to lift Anxiety onto his bed.

With her 'older brother' now no longer on the floor, Fiona had absolutely no Idea what to do. Seeing the Emo lying completely limp-and as sprawled out as she had flopped him- was rather terrifying. Tentatively she placed a hand on his forehead...no fever.

Not a hint of warmth.

No warmth-

Something clicked in her head.

He was cold.

His skin was cold.

Biting her lip, she did what anyone else would have done. She turned tail and ran down the stairs screaming for her father's help.

----

"Dad! Dad! Come one, wake up!"

Liam and the other three boys panicked. Morality's son had absolutely no idea what was going on. One moment he and Patton were cleaning the kitchen together and then next, the Parental was falling.

Biting his lip, the boy, once again, did his best to shake his father awake-

"DAD!"

That was Fiona, her thundering footsteps were rapidly pounding down the stairs.

"Dad! Anxiety fell, and he...Dad?" The girl stopped at the bottom of the last step. Face pale and terrified as she saw the boys, her brother and her unconscious father in the kitchen.

Liam looked up at her with tear laden eyes and shook his head. "He won't wake up, I tried...I don't-I don't know why. We were trying to get to you, we heard you scream but then...he just...fell"

Fiona, who was honestly about to cry herself, ran forward to embrace her brother in a hug. Steven, Pranks and Compliment, joined in aswell. The three had remained quiet the whole time, absolutely shell-shocked at the sight of their prone father figure.

But it was Misleading Compliment who broke his silence with a small whisper.

"What's going to happen to them?"

----

The tension and worry in the car was palpable.

No one dared to say anything as Joan continued to drive forward. Their forms were practically exuding their worry like high waves crashing on a shore.

It wasn't long until Talyn cracked under the pressure. A distressed noise escaped their lips, despite the fact that the shorter Veiwer had pressed a hand to their mouth.

Another small whimper.

"Talyn? You ok?" While it was obvious that their Date-mate was definitely not ok, there was very little comfort Joan could offer if they didn't know what was going inside their partner's head. "Tell me what you're thinking over there"

A third whimper answered as Talyn curled up on their seat. Their chin now on their knees and their hands over their ears as if trying to block cold reality from whispering into them.

Joan bit their lip at the sight. As much as they wanted to help, they had to keep their eyes on the road. It would do no good if they were to get in an accident, especially when Thomas could possibly be hurt.

----

In the Mindscape everything suddenly began to shake-the walls, the floors, the ceilings even- and then, in the midst of what seems like an earthquake, it all goes black for a second.

The kids screamed, grouping up together the best they possibly can in the pitch darkness. They couldn't see their own hands in front of their faces but they somehow manage to grab onto each other-

After what was a few seconds, but felt like a small eternity, the lights came back on.

The sudden appearance of light was not relieving as it should have been. It was bright at first, too bright and then all of a sudden it got dim, very dim, enough so to leave the entire room cascaded in an eerie grey. It was like an old backup generator in a black out, complete with its own brand of noise...a dead silence that left a near deafening echo in their ears.

They all look at each other, and suddenly everything made sense. The oldest and the youngest personalities falling, the earthquake and the blackout, it all could have only meant one thing.