54. Conscious Conversations

Patton wakes up to find Fairy Godmother beside in front of him, he jumps.

"Was the bed not comfortable, dear Prominent?"

"Oh no, no, no the bed was great! It was nice and really soft! I just...I couldn't sleep and I came out here to think, guess I ended up falling asleep after all", he shakes his head and hands in gesticulation as he laughs sheepishly.

"Ah, I see. In that case, I do hope you slept well-"

"I did, thank you!"

"Hmm, if you say so, though it is rather early and if you wish to sleep further, then you may. Or if you'd like, I'd appreciate assistance for breakfast"

"Oh! I can help with breakfast, it no problem at all"

As Patton finishes up the last touches to breakfast, Fairy Godmother goes to wake up everyone.

---

She starts with Logan and Roman

Logan and Roman are back to back, sleeping soundly. Though the moment the Fae walks in Logan's eyes snap awake and he quickly throws his arm protectively over the younger personality behind him.

Roman, wakes up slightly confused as to how he got ended up sharing a bed with Logic but once the elder explained, the Prince simply shrugged in acceptance.

He also off-handedly mentions it was probably the Fae's aura that startled the Teacher.

"That is a possibility Roman. I'm not quite used to it as of yet, so I perceived it as a threat initially"

"Yeah, magic auras can be a bit scary-"

"I didn't say it was scary but I will admit that it is rather alarming, especially upon first waking"

Roman shrugs.

Fairy Godmother tells them to head off for breakfast. The fairy regards the Two Personalities' conversation pensively.

----

Anxiety snuffles deeper on Thomas' chest, relaxing in the pure comfort of the contact.

It's then that the youngest personality is suddenly tugged into a not-asleep-but-definitely-not-awake state.

He questions it with a low sound from the back of his throat.

His host is safe. He's safe. Everyone else was also safe. So why was he being forced to focus on something instead of resting more like he wanted?

He attempts to drift off deeper but another painfully, painless tug keeps him in his current state.

The air had shifted.

Friend? Or No?

What?

Something approaching Host.

Approaching Host!

It takes Anxiety a second to realize that the input he's currently been receiving were from his Shadows. Immediately he gave full permission for them to swarm and stop who or whatever it was that was coming for his Host.

Anxiety's eyes glowed as they snapped opened the moment his Shadows made contact. Quickly, he pulled Thomas to his chest, shooting up and all the way to the bedhead.

----

Thomas wakes up disgruntled and slightly disoriented at the sudden change in position.

He's pressed protectively against his youngest personality's chest and all he has access to, vision wise, is the corner of his one free eye. Adrenaline shoots through his veins, locking him in place. Anxiety's shadows were circling above and around him.