13. Remnant Vision

Y'all should trust me more ¯\_()_/¯

-----

Knock Knock

He didn't know when, but his legs gave out and he ended up sinking to the floor.

Knock Knock

The lights of the classroom dimmed, making his mood even more sour.

Knock Knock

He drew his legs up to his chest, arms crossed over them, and buried his head in his knees.

Knock Knock

His body shook, wracked with sobs that refused to come out.

KnoCK KnoCK

He should go home, another class would be taking place soon and it would do him no good to be there when they came in.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

He shoul-

"Logic!"

"Wha-?" His head shot up.

"LoGiC!"

The room began to shake.

"LOGAN!"

Brown eyes snapped open with a gasp.

-----

Logic sat up with a start, gasping, choking and sputtering into awareness.

He squeezed his eyes shut and clutched his chest, his heart was racing and he had yet to catch his breath.

He was in his room.

"It's just a dream, a simple dream", muttered the Teacher to himself.

"Just images my mind created due to stress-"

"Logan?"

The Logical personality jumped, eyes snapping open to see Morality.

"Hey, you ok?", he asked gently as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I-I'm fine...i-it was just a dream, I'm fine-"

"You don't look fine to me Logic"

He was about to ask what the other meant, when Dad gently cupped his cheek. He froze, Morality's warmth, ironically, sent a shiver up his spine.

"You're crying Logan", whispered the Father, as he brushed away the tears with his thumb, "I'm worried, I've never seen you cry"

Logic lowered his head, "Do you even care at all?", Prince's voice still ringing in his ear.

Morality gently lifted his counterpart's chin again. "Hey it's alright, nightmares can be pretty startling to lots'a people"

Dad frowned when Logic didn't respond, he let go of the other's chin to place both hands on each shoulder. "Do you want to talk about it? Tell me what it was about, I promise it will help"

Logic didn't respond.

Morality's brows knitted together, his eyes widened when he realized, "it was about Anxiety wasn't it?"

This time Logic nodded.

"Oh Logan, he's ok I promise", the Father pulled his counterpart to his chest, Logic like usual didn't reciprocate, but he leaned to the touch.

Seeing as the younger didn't push him away, Morality took it upon himself to comfort him, gently rubbing soothing circles on his back.

"Anxiety's doing alright, I just came out of his room just a few minutes ago, kiddo's sound asleep"

Logan didn't say anything, so the Parent shifted, moving his hands to pull something out of his pocket.

"See, you left your glasses in his room", gently the Father wiped his eyes and placed them on the Teacher's face. He smiled softly at the younger before pulling him back into a hug.

Logic didn't move, he knew Dad was offering comfort and he accepted it whole heartedly, his eyes had yet to cease watering and he didn't know why. It was irrational to cry because of a dream, but yet here he was. His chest ached and the lump in his throat refused to go away.

"Morality?...", he just had to ask.

The Father looked down fondly at him, "Yeah?"

"Do you think...?"

Dad waited, he knew Logic was trying to sort out his thoughts, the Secondary personality truly had a difficult time with emotions.

"Do you think I'm heartless?"

Morality frowned, was the nightmare that bad?
"You're not...", he paused, "the best with emotions, but that doesn't make you heartless, a little cold maybe", he smirked and shrugged his shoulder, causing the other's head to lift, Logic pouted.

Dad lifted his chin again, "you're not heartless Logan, you just have trouble with emotions and that's ok, not everyone knows how to well, emotion, you're a logical person, you like things you can solve, sometimes there's no reason for emotions, one day you're happy and the next moment your all down in the dumps, and that's ok too, besides emotions aren't your type of equation"

Logic's lips twitched.

Morality smiled.

"Thank you Morality", said the Teacher. And for the first time he noticed that his bed was covered in papers.

"Any time-what are these?" Queried the Father, he picked one up, it was a picture of a little girl, oh it was a file, a student file. He read it aloud.

"Name: Philla Rahadeev, Type: Veiwer, Age: 15, Nationally: Indian"

Morality grabbed another paper, Logic broke from the embrace and began doing the same.

"Name: Luíz Torres- hey Torres, that's Valerie's last name, is he-"

"They're cousins-"

"That's pretty neat, it says here he doesn't speak English very well, hmm, maybe you could ask Valerie to help translate?"

"That would be the best idea, yes," the Teacher's tone was flat and hollow

Morality picked up on it instantly.

"Logic? Are you doing alright?"

"I'm fi-"

"Logan", you couldn't lie to Morality when he used that tone.

Logic sighed.

"My substitute sent me these files along with the lessons left from my two week absence-"

"You were asleep when I came in"

The Logical personality blushed a bit recalling the tie.

"I was, I woke up sometime later to check my emails and I saw the files, so I printed them, I was studying the material and going over the files, I fell asleep for a second time it seems"

"That would explain the papers, but it doesn't explain your nightm-"

The Parent cut himself off, Logic had tears streaming down his face again.

"It was vivid, Morality, so vivid I almost thought it real- I- I thought...he faded, right in front of me, in front of you, he was in Prince's arms and- and Thomas was screaming and I-"

Dad brought him back into an embrace, sure the Teacher didn't like emotions, but he did have them. Logic was never one for big extravagant noises, so Morality wasn't surprised when he didn't hear the younger bawling. There were the occasional hiccups, but it was hardly anything to a sob.

The Parent knew very well how the other felt, this was taking a toll on him too.

With gentle hands he rubbed the other's back again. Logan's form trembled with each ragged breath, his shoulders shook as if he were sobbing, but he wasn't.

Logic's quiet cry reminded him of Anxiety's, the younger didn't make a sound during his attacks, it was always in silence, so much so that if you weren't paying attention, you wouldn't have ever noticed.

-----

When Logic finally settled from his tremors and into sniffles, Morality willed up some tissues, gently helping the younger wipe his eyes.

When that was over the Father grabbed the Teacher by his hand and pulled him out of his room.

"Morality where-?"

The elder personality didn't say anything, he just kept walking.

Logic's eyes widened when he realized where they were going, Anxiety's room.

Once there, Dad gave him a reassuring smile and opened the door.

"He's just fine, I promise, see?"

And he saw.

Anxiety was curled up on his side, just as he had seen him in his dream, the younger was facing him with that neutral expression, there was still no smile.

The only difference, from his dream was that the little blue bird was snuggled up in the crook of Anxiety's neck and that there was a cold cloth on his forehead, no doubt supplied by Morality.

Speaking of, the Father glanced at him a sighed.

"He'll be ok Logan, and I'll tell you what, if, and that is a big if, something were to happen, I'll get you, I will run to you immediately, ok?"

Logic wanted to tell him that's exactly what happened in his dream, but he refrained.

Instead he gave the Parental a small nod.

Seemingly satisfied, Morality gently closed Anxiety's door.

"He'll be fine, I'm staying all day to watch over him, now come on I made pancakes for breakfast"

Logic paused, he made pancakes in his dream.

------