33. The Truth

AN//: Hey guys, looks like the Update Sundays are back in business!!

As promised here's your chapter, it's Triple R centric lol!

----

The evening crickets start to chirp.

It's peaceful...

Quiet...

Remy shoots up and awake in panic. Eyes wide in terror.

In that moment...The Gate's proximity alarm goes off.

-----

Remy takes only a second to run a hand through his hair and wipe his eyes before he's up and ready to bold out of the room.

Like before, Geoffrey manages to stop him, hauling his lithe, squirming body into a bridal carry.

"Geevs. Let me go, I'm serious, we're both hearing those alarms. Something's out there-"

"Even if something is out out there, Desna and hers with handle it, you are in no condition to go out there period!"

"Ugh! You don't understand! I need to be out there- Somethings off. Just...fine, I'll show you!"

Geoffrey deadpanned but lets his charge down non-the less.

The Aspect of Sleep wobbles on his feet, for just a second, before he closes his eyes and holds out a hand. Sand hisses and jerks up at his command, crawling up and off his palm into midair behind him, forming a familiar screen.

Remy opens his eyes, looking at the elder Figment. "See?!"

"No, I don't see Remmanuel-"

"What, how can you not-?!" The Guardian of the Subconscious swivels around.

The screen is pitch black.

The Vassal crosses his arms, "there's nothing's on it-"

Remy frowns, glaring at the Sand screen through narrowed eyes, "that-that doesn't make sense... the proximity alarms wouldn't be going off if there wasn't-"

It happens in a split second- like a flash; except there's no light.

Something had moved in that darkness...like ink

Wait...

Sleep's eyes widen.

Oh shit!

"We need to warn the Guards!" he shouts as he runs out the door.

"What?! Remmanuel get back here!"

"No time Geevs, we need to freakin' go!"

With no choice The figment quickly follows the younger Aspect.

----

"So..." Started Joan, " should we um, tell the others that he... that he flat-lined?"

Talyn bit their lip, taking a glance at the now sleeping Manifestor, "I mean I don't want to worry them more than they already are but... like If it were me- ", they shrugged, " I'd wanna know, y'know?"