24. To Stack Up

Take your mercy ;)

---------

Joan continued to drive.

Carefully they avoided potholes so not to disturb the sleeping Manifestor.

They drove all way the up to get some food and eventually met with a Wendy's drive through.

The Wendy's drive through worker took their order and the two Viewers waited patiently, chatting idly as their food was being made.

Upon returning the lady smiled at them and handed Joan the bags of food. However, now she could see through the window. Blinking she gestured to two at the back.

"Is he ok?"

Thomas remained completely oblivious, laying contentedly on Talyn's lap while the multi-colour haired Veiwer placed an arm over him protectively. They and gave a small shrug to the food service woman.

"Yeah, he's fine just tired-"

"It's been a long day", piped Joan as they paid for the food. It was at that money that Thomas shifted, mumbling and muttering something user his breath, all three of them froze. The host then sighed and curled up more, hugging onto Talyn's small frame.

The Wendy's lady cooed, "Aww, that's adorable, you two take good care of him now, enjoy your meal!"

The Date-mates said their thanks and Joan drove off again, heading to Thomas' house.

----

"Thomas"
"Thomas"
"Come on dude, I can't carry you!"

"Did you get him up Tal?" called Joan from the other side, they were currently trying to get Thomas' house door open, while Talyn was supposed to get the manifestor up.

"No, not really, he's-"

"Mngh", the Host groaned, head lolling to the side.

Talyn sighed, "- still asleep"

Joan bite their lip in worry for a moment before shaking their head and smirking. "Well you know just how to wake him up-"

"You know he hates it when I do that!"

"That never stopped you before", winked Joan before finally entering the house with all the food.

"True!" Chuckled the shorter Veiwer and with that they started to poke at the sleeping Thomas.

Soon enough the Manifestor shot up and quickly brushed off Talyn's hands before covering his ribs and stomach with his hands.

"You know I hate it when you do that!" It was meant to be an upset shout but it came out with a laughing huff.

The multicolour-haired Viewer raised their hands, still chuckling, "hey man, it's not my fault you're ticklish-"

"Hey you two, you comin' in or what? I'm starving!"

Thomas and Talyn shared an amused look before heading inside- well it was more Talyn was supporting a shaky Thomas as they wobbly entered the house.

----

Joan had already placed the food on the table when the other two got inside.

"Dude, you gotta tell them"

Thomas bit his lip, running a hand through his hair with a tired sigh.

"I'd like to but I can't-"

"They're draining you dry Thomas-"

"I know Joan, but it's just the price I pay being a host. Don't worry it's just temporary, usually when I'm like this all I need is some food and a long nap-"

"You've been napping for a long few hours", cut in Talyn, " heck I had to drag you out of the car!"

"I know, it's just that with the stress of Anxiety being sick and my nightmares-"

"Wait...Those are still going on?"

Thomas winced at Joan's pensive glare.

"Kinda?"

"Dude!"

"I'm ok, I promise", he paused and winced again, now Talyn was glaring, "look I didn't have a single nightmare all the while I was in the car"

"Yeah and the fact that you almost wouldn't wake up is what's worrying us"

The manifestor sighed, "having them out here drained me like a cheap battery, I'll admit, that coupled with little to no sleep doesn't really help-

"Plus your pills that make you drowsy", supplied a certain beanie wearer.

"Yeah, those are a pain, ironic since they're supposed to get rid of it- any way", the host held up a hand, "what I'm trying to say is that, yeah it's a little rough but I'm fine really, I just need some solid rest and I'll be good as new tomorrow I promise!"

Talyn and Joan shared a look and then deadpanned at Thomas.

The manifestor pouted.

-----

After dinner Joan cleared away the table and Talyn started the dishes, but not before gaining the host a glass of water, his pills and some stern instructions.

"Alright dude, drink your knock out pills, take a shower and get to bed"