41. One must make Sacrifices

AN//: What an Update two Sundays in a row?! Hell yeah! Yo girl is feeling inspired as all heck! Also I really missed my angst lol
Today is a special Update because not only have I updated "Innerworks" but I've also finally updated "Because I Can" (If you don't know what that is,it's my other Sanders Sides fic, A Reaper Au! Check it out in my works if you'd like, it's only got three chapters so far!)

That Being said, enjoy ;)

----

Roman presses a hand to his brothers' chest; a white light emanating from it.

"Come on Remus, I thought you wanted to be the one to kill me? You can't do that if you fade out of existence"

"Ha!" Chokes the Duke, as his form flickers; his eyes barley open and black spittle coating his lips "as if I'd let you off that easy"

"Then freaking stay alive!"

"Heh..."

The Duke's eyes roll back and he loses consciousness again.

His body glitches.

Fading in and out.

Once...

Twice...

---

"Wait, where did Roman go?" Starts Anxiety

"What's wrong with Remus?"

Remy turns to Patton, wide eyed.

The prominent gives him a small sad smile, "I know some Spanish Kiddo"

Sleep nods, swallowing a bit, "...h-his core...it's destabilizing...Roman went to help him"

...

Logan clears his throat, "If his core is indeed destabilizing that means he's already on his way to fading. Not to be rude but what exactly can Roman do that would possibly help?"

"He's sharing his core energy"

"What? But that's impossible!?"

"Not true, all three of us can share core energy between us"

"How? I can possibly see how the Twins could share energy but how does that include you?"

"That's the thing Poindexter, Roman and Remus aren't Twins- well not really. They're supposed to be mirror images of each other. When She trapped Roman in the Mirror, Remus was split from him. It was supposed to be a perfect half and half but Remus' side broke before he could step out of it and Roman's cracked. I don't know how exactly but the separation wasn't complete because of this, and they have about a quarter of each other's cores?" Remy shrugs, " Anyway the point is they have a core connection and can pass energy through it. When Roman created me in the Subconscious, he didn't just think me up like most of the others, I was made using raw energy from the subconscious and a literal but tiny part of Roman's core. Thing is, the part he gave was a little piece of the portion that was connected to Remus' and boom that's how I came to be and why I have a connection with both of them. They call each other brothers and like I said, we call each other cousins just to make it less awkward "

"Alright", frowns Logic, " if that's the case why didn't you offer some core energy to your cousin?"

"I don't have enough, it would probably end us both if I tried. It being too much for me and not enough for him"

Anxiety throws up his hands. "Ok, sure, that makes sense, I think? Roman went to save his brother, got it. But what I don't get is who is this She? Who trapped Roman in a mirror? And if Remus was supposed to be an anti-Roman then why wasn't he Her slave or something? Was he supposed to kill Roman?!"