30. In the Imagination

Guys?! INNERWORKS IS THREE YEARS OLD!!!
It had started on Feb 3rd, we didn't get to celebrate, my baby I'm so sorry 😫😭. Happy (very) belated birthday to the Angst train y'all!!!

Now time for some fluff...only a lil angst tonight ;)

TW: Hey guys, remember last chap's warning about gore, it's not too bad for this chapter since I'm cutting it short, but yeah, stay safe.

*Also read the AN it's really important and the fate of the fic depends on it.

____

Anxiety hissed, things had gone from bad to worse. The the creature chasing him had been devoured by the thing that was chasing his host and as a result... it mutated.

It's inky grotesquely oozing body became more solid and spikey, still oozing but now something that could put a sea-urchin to shame.

At least it hadn't seen them yet....

"Thomas!"

The whisper yell caught the Host's attention.

The newly formed creature turned towards both males and screeched.

Fuck!

"Oh man, we need to keep moving!"

"No shit!" Snipped Anxiety. The creature split into multiple tiny versions of itself and they miniatures started to gain on them "-oh shit, shit, shit, Run!"

The Manifestor was still staring at the beast, frozen in a mix of awe and fear.

"Fucking run!"

Wasting no time, the Personality grabbed onto Thomas and proceeded to practically yank him by it as he broke out into a sprint. The Host having no choice but to keep up the pace.

Eventually one of the creatures gets too close to Thomas and Anxiety throws a shadow at it. Effectively launching the beast away and dispatching it into a puff of black smoke.

"You can make shadows?!"

"Well no duh?!" He snaps, adrenaline pumping in overdrive, gritting his teeth as he focuses on launching more shadows. " It's-my-job- to keep you-safe!" Each pause accentuated by the whooshing hiss of his shadows and a slick 'PLISH' of the monstrosity's demise.

The two keep running, a path cleared in the front but behind them was a sea of darkness with +2000 spikes. Not wanting to waste too much energy, Anxiety thought it was best to simply book it and zig-zag till they lost a couple thousand of them-

Thomas was all for that plan.

They ran, legs burning, throats raw and hearts pumping.

They ran until the number behind them dwindled and Anxiety took the chance to launch a rather large shadow at them, lowering the numbers and leaving the incoming creatures at a somewhat respectable distance.

Taking a second to catch their breaths, Anxiety kept his guard up, an odd sound was echoing through the trees...it was a familiar sound...metal?

Once his Host caught his breath again, the two set off moving,not wanting the creatures to fully catch up. Anxiety lead them towards the sound he had heard, not their best bet but they didn't have much of a choice, metal in an old beat up forest likely meant that another person was around.

"Psst, Thomas!"

'C L A N G !'

'C L A N G !'

'P L I S H !'

"Yeah?"

'C L A N G !'

"Do you hear that?!-"

'C L A N G !'

"Back-back foul beast!"

"It's Roman!"

"Of course" huffed Anxiety, "only Princey would be that extra when fighting for his life"