42. None too small nor too grand within the scheme

AN//:Third Sunday in a row? Absolutely! I even updated "Because I Can"

Also Innerworks is going to be 4 on Monday like ahhhhhh!

------

Roman woke with a groan.

His eyes were gummy and his spun in disorientation. To make things worse, his entire body felt sore and his throat was parched beyond reason.

Sighing, he drags himself into a sitting position and after a few minutes he musters up enough of an effort to get moving and get dressed.

As much as he wanted to stay in bed, he was a Royal of his word; seeing as it is the 'next morning' Roman has to go check on his brother.

----

Princey pops up before the Yellow door and he knocks-because he isn't a heathen thank you-

"Come in", calls a tired muffled voice.

When The Prince walks in he finds an exhausted looking Deceit with a very comfortable Duke snuggled up around his middle, quite frankly dead to the world.

"Uh..you alright?"

"I've been better,'' murmured the Elder Side behind a yawn. Deciet's hat was strewn in between the corner of the wall and bed, leaving his usual coif locks curled messily and on full view. Having stayed in the same clothes overnight, his caplet was half on and everything was thoroughly crumpled. Remus was also still clutching his glove, though the Serpentine Side honestly didn't look like he cared- as a matter of fact, he looked ready to drop.

"He woke up a few times because of nightmares, so I stayed up with him and kept watch"

"Ah, that would explain the bags under your eyes. What is this, three days you've stayed awake now?"

The other shrugs, closing his eyes, or maybe his eyes were "...something like that..."

He opens them a smidge when Roman moves closer to them and places a hand on his brother's back, checking on his core. "Stable", the Prince whispers.

Deceit sighs, half in relief and half holding back another yawn. "...good..."

He closes his eyes again, not even bothering to open them when he feels Roman place a hand to his chest to check on his core.

"...just in case", he says, "it is possible for my brother to have stolen some of your core energy...but it doesn't look like he did, yours is stable too"

"...hnn..."

The Tertiary Personality frowns, then places his hand on the Elder's forehead.

"You sure you're not getting sick too?"

"...no...", breathes out the other, steadily slipping from consciousness.

"Mhm, and yet you're following my hand"

True to the Prince's word, the other Side was indeed leaning to the touch.

"...warm..." he murmured. His breathing slowed and steady- a sure fire sign that the Deceptive Side was actually asleep.

"Ah, of course", mumbles Roman as he takes in the sight of both of the sleeping Dark Sides. Sighing, he rolls his eyes fondly and conjures up a Yellow quilt. It was thin enough to prevent overheating but just perfect for keeping those two warm.

With that he turned to leave, figuring that the small gift would be appreciated by Deceit; a token of appreciation for taking care of his crazy brother and not leaving him trapped alone with those beasts.