37. The Youth

AN: Hey guys! Currently on the trip and heading back home as I type! Thank goodness, because I don't think I can donate any more blood to the mosquitoes lmao. It's a 4 hour boat ride and a 2hr bus ride back so I'm writing the chapter on the way~

------

"So that's what happened. Ericsson was tried, judged and is now a maid under the head of domestic, Ms. Grigori Tilda, and he's-" Roman cuts himself off, leaning away from Patton to cough. His throat was suddenly beyond dry and it burned as if he swallowed dirt...or a pike. Clearing his throat, he does his best to swallow around the burning, rubbing his neck as he did so. "...ehem-sorry, bout that Pat, my throat felt weird all of a sudden, probably the dust, just ignore that, where were we?"

The Prominent Personality shook his head, "it's fine Roman, things just happen, I know the feeling"

The Prince shrugs, returning to his objective in finding the blue-prints, unknowingly missing the way Patton winced and presses a hand to the center of his chest.

It takes them quite a while but the moment they find the sought scroll-

Roman's phone rang.

"Hello?....What?!...wait, how is that possible?...No, I know Thomas was having dreams this past week-... um, no?...er right...think you can manage to find them by tomorrow?...of course...no, let him rest...yes, it makes no sense to wake him, when he could probably find it in seconds tomorrow...Exactly, knowing him he won't go back to sleep afterwards, he'll just head straight for the gate...right...right...ok, call me if you find anything else...alright, thank you ladies!"

The Royal frowns, his brows pinched together.

Patton queries the expression but Roman shakes his head.

"It's fine Pat, the girls are just having a hard time finding what I was asking for, I should get it by tomorrow anyway, so it's no big deal. Besides we've already got one thing, what's a couple hours to get the rest?"

"Oh, ok, if you say so Roman-"

"Mm, how bout we head back and check to see how our Host and friends are holding up with just those two?"

"Sure, I'm kinda interested to see what Joan came up with-"

"Then off we go!"

...

"I'm back! Did you miss me?!"

"Your Mom misses you!"

The Prince burst out laughing, not expecting that from Logan of all Sides. "Ohh, my God!"

With a faux serious voice, ready for improv, he turns to Anxiety, who was trying really hard not to laugh. "What did you do to him?"

He gets a barely hidden scoff from the Emo instead, but Roman counts it as a win.

It's not 'till Patton jumps in and pretend to scold Logan that it's all over, "now, where did you learn such childish humor?"

The Father figure shakes his head for good measure and tuts at the Teacher and that's it, they're gone, the room is flooded with laughter.

Anxiety and Logic got to leave a bit earlier, they sunk down while the Primary and Tertiary Personalities stayed behind for a bit to do one or two voice lines as per request by Joan. After that, they sunk down as well, leaving the editing to the Date-mates and their Host to get a well deserved nap.

----

When Anxiety sank down, he went straight into his room. Not an unusual occurrence but the moment he left the vicinity of his Host, his entire form felt overwhelmed.