47. What can't be seen with bare eyes

Green Ink lashes out, tossing Remy and the Twins a solid few feet away from their Host.

Logan and Patton jump forward, as Thomas ran for cover behind them, their hands and eyes aglow. The two manage to grasp onto the slimy green tendril but it doesn't implode or turn to ash. Instead it screeched, thrashing wildly and Logic and Morality were left holding onto it for dear life; as the tendrils began shaking them up and down.

Another tendril sprouts and it quickly reaches down grabbing Thomas by the foot, throwing him up and into its red mouth.

----

Remy wakes with gasp, head pulsing in pain and nerves shot.

Panting and just barely stopping himself from sitting up off of Roman's chest, he closes his eyes for a second, inhaling and exhaling slowly. His Sand was gently nuzzling at his cheek and crooning softly in hope's of calming him down and luring him back to sleep.

With a soft exhale, the Aspect shifted, turning so that his back was pressed against Roman's stomach, reopening his eyes as he took in the surroundings.

Apparently he woke during Anxiety's watch.

Everyone was sound asleep and the Emo was well on his way. His head bobbing onto his shoulder as his eyes fluttered.

Remy was about to wake him, just enough for Anxiety to switch shifts with someone else- when the Side suddenly snapped awake, jerking his head up in slight panic.

The Emo looked down at the sleeping Thomas in his lap and then he seemed to squint at the Sand blanket. He rubbed his eyes . "Shit", he murmured, failing to stifle a yawn.

Remy watched as Anxiety turned to his side whisper shouting desperately for Logan as the day's exhaustion and the Dream Sand's effects took hold.

Without making it too noticeable, Sleep sent out a small stream of Sand to pull on Logan's collar- but the Teacher remained asleep. Frustrated, the little stream moved to Patton, pulling on him instead. The Father woke with a sharp inhale, puzzled as to what woke him.

It didn't take long for Morality to hear Anxiety, and he easily took the second shift. The younger having fallen asleep immediately after being given the 'all clear'.

Stifling a yawn, Remy decided that he should follow that example.

-----

Deceit managed to dodge a Green ink tendril by rolling out of the way. The Serpentine Side wasted no time in throwing out his Yellow strings and pulling Thomas behind him. He created an illusion of cover bushes allowing both Roman and Remus to jump back in time to dodge an incoming strike.

Unfortunately for him, creating even minor illusions requires concentration and before the Snake could turn, he was struck and sent flying into a nearby tree trunk.

CRRK!

Deciet's body practically peeled out of the indentated trunk as he dropped onto his knees and clutched at his chest. His hat fell right beside him as he panted, a pained expression on his face. He pulled his hand back and his yellow glove came back red. From out of his chest, through a hole in his clothes, something white stuck out, tinted in red.