58. White and Bare

Lunch had been smoked beef with mashed potatoes and side salad.

While the food looked absolutely delicious, it was quite a sight to see, Remy and Roman passing their mashed potatoes to Remus. It was amusing to see simply because Remy passed his potatoes onto Roman's plate and without missing a beat Roman passed it to Remus. To make it even more of a spectacle, Janus had automatically passed half his mashed potatoes to Remus at the same time Roman was.

The Duke for one was quite pleased, he added some ketchup to the mashed potatoes mushed it and mixed it around until it was a particularly pinkish color. He dove in with such child like glee.

The others at the table couldn't help but chuckle even if they had found the pink mashed potatoes distasteful.

Along with the main course, there was a fruit bowl on the table. Sleep being the closest to it passed Roman two bananas from the bowl while he himself grabbed an apple.

Seeing how he wasn't too hungry, Remy had finished the little meat and salad on his plate fairly quickly. So he began eating his fruit.

It's rather quiet until Thomas asked Janus more about his position in the Dragon Witch's castle as well as Patience and Serenity's.

"Well", started Deceit as he placed down his fork. "We three were hand picked by Her Highness so that immediately gave us rank above the rest of 'Emotions' by default. Now the thing is She favored me and so I had a slightly higher place than the Girls."

"Really?"

"Mhm, and when it was almost the birthday of Xavaies- her right hand Witch- she had decided to gift her one of the Girls."

"Seriously? I thought she 'liked' you guys since she chose you-"

"That's the point , She considered us the 'best slaves and so only the best would go to her advisor. She didn't want to part with me but one of the girls? That would do"

"Oh...yikes. So which one of the Girls went with Xav...Xavi-?"

"Xavaies, and both. I convinced her not separate the two by letting her believe that both Patience and Serenity would still be loyal to her anyway; so gifting them both to Xavaies would mean that whenever she needed at least one of them her Highness would have the other, or better yet both when one wasn't in use or had completed their assigned tasks."

"And how did the Girls feel about that?"

Janus smirked, and took a quick sip of his glass of water. "Well they weren't too pleased with me, I can tell you that. But I did tell them that it was the only way to keep them from getting separated. Now being Xavaies slaves, they essentially got demoted from Queen's slave to Queen's assistant's slave."

"Ouch. Did they're titles suffer? I mean what about the rest, were they teased for it by the others?"

"By the other Slaves? No, by Her Highness' daughters? Yes. Mercilessly."

"Oh no-!"

"Though that only lasted up until the daughters got slaves of their own."

With that Janus looked to Roman, who sighed and nodded once.

Thomas gave the Prince a pitying look but the Tertiary Personality brushed it off.

"As I was saying, the Girls got demoted. But that actually put us at an advantage. Xavaies didn't have as much time to pay attention to the Girls so they had more time to gather information and even free some slaves for the rebellion. Funny thing is, after the time I ended up with Scales, those two never got caught. Nostalgia had been using a few messenger slaves and one emotion with the ability to multiply into clones. I never found out that one's name though."