17. Trial Tuesdays

Still Technically Sunday

-------

"-xiety"
"Anxiety"
"Anxiety!"

"Hmm?"

----

Morality smiled fondly at the younger, Thomas, who was off at the side, chuckled.

They had ended up watching two movies, Peter pan and Return to Neverland. It was currently 9:03am and Anxiety had curled himself up comfortably in between the Parent and the Manifestor.

Dad yawned and stood up, deciding it was high time to go back inside the mindscape. Anxiety already had his eyes closed and Thomas looked ready to pass out.

The host, tiredly but carefully, put away his laptop while the Father tried to rouse the younger personality.

"Anxiety"
"Anxiety"
"Anxiety!"

"Hmm?"

Morality had to smile, Anxiety was so tired that he couldn't even lift his eye-lids, only the mere ends of them moved, lashes fluttering slightly. He had turned his head to face the Parent but that was it. His breathing had evened out instantly.

The eldest Personality had yet to cease smiling, he couldn't help it, sometimes the darker personality could just be soon darn cute! Without really thinking about it, Dad scooped Anxiety into his arms. The younger didn't so much as stir.

He turned to Thomas.

"Alright Kiddo, I'm taking this big guy to bed"

"Alright-wait, how are you gonna sink down with him? Doesn't he need to be awake to concentrate or something?"

"Usually, but because I'm carrying him, I'm just using my energy, of course the physical plane still takes a bit of his energy but not nearly as much as it should"

"Really, why?"

Morality shrugged.

"Just perks of being a Primary personality I guess, I have the most energy"

"Then you could have sinked down with him-"

"I could have, but I didn't know how bad his state was, I didn't know if it would have made him better or worse, so I waited till he could have sinked down on his own"

"Oh, ok that makes sense *yawn* I'mma go", he made and odd gesture with his hands before giving up and pointing at the door. "*Yawn* breakfast", mumbled the host sleepily.

Dad chuckled, "You do that sport, just make sure to get your rest afterwards, ok?"

"*yawn* uh-huh"

The manifestor waved a 'bye', before trudging tiredly to the kitchen.

Once there, Thomas made himself a bowl of cereal, simply because he was too tired to do anything else. He finished his breakfast, took his pills and fell back onto his bed, happily succumbing to sleep.

----

Morality popped into Anxiety's room and carefully set the younger onto his bed and tucked him in. As if knowing where he was, Anxiety curled up under his black and gray checkered comforter.

The father gushed at the cute sight, fondly ruffling the sleeping one's hair. The younger snuggled deeper into the comforter in response.

As adorable as it was, it still brought a feeling of dread to the father, he hadn't forgotten what happened early this morning.

His smile dropped, he'd never forget that feeling, he wouldn't dare wish it on his worst enemies, pure heartbreak. It hurt so bad, but he wasn't going to let it happen, he was determined to make sure that the younger wouldn't fade, he had no idea how, but he was determined. With that he left Anxiety to sleep, and as much as he wanted to do the same, he had five other children to check up on.

Yawning, he walked towards the commons, not having enough energy to teleport. Limited sleep and sinking down with Anxiety really took a chunk out of his reserves, but it was nothing a little nap couldn't fix- he rubbed his eyes when he passed his room door, legs automatically carrying him to it, a nap sounded like heaven right now. He reached his doorknob only to shake his head and turn around-he had to check on his other kids first.

The father managed to stifle a yawn just before he reached the end of the hall, only problem was it left his eyes watery and his vision blurry.

Ignoring the minor discomfort, he walked into the commons in search of the kids. All of them were watching TV when he stepped in.

His Son was the first to spot him, then his Daughter, in mere seconds of his entrance all of them noticed him.

"Hi Dad!"