49. Ask and all will be rectified in due time

Deceit follows behind the Duke.

The Royal was still pulling him forward, oh so gently, as they made their way down the hall.

At the third door on the right, Remus stops and inhales resolutely; he turns the knob and they step in. A floral antiseptic scent fills the air immediately.

The room is clean and quaint

A double bed with white sheets sits directly in the center, surrounded wall to wall by shelves stocked from ceiling to floor with various potions, powders and herbs held in oddly shaped bottles, containers and vials.

The Serpentine Side doesn't get much chance to fully observe the room as the darker half of Creativity instructs him to remove his shoes, capelet and shirt. Sighing, he does as he was told. Kicking off his shoes and carefully, with his upper pair of arms, he removes the caplet, while his middle and lower pair handled the buttons of his shirt.

Remus easily takes the articles of clothing from the other, only to pause.

Apparently once the material was removed from off his person, Deceit's illusion breaks; the Duke is left looking through a nasty gash in the shirt.

The Snake turns his head, not liking the near perturbed look the other was giving him. Remus places a hand on his shoulder and squeezes lightly. Deceit sighs as he looks down; surely it wasn't that bad? A second illusion breaks to reveal his entire side is a swollen angry red.

The Duke whistles, "Yikes, do you want me on the bed with you? Or do you want me to hold one of your hands instead?"

At first the Serpentine Side had thought Remus was simply teasing as was his wont to do, but looking at the other...his face was surprisingly serious. That alone, though he wouldn't dare admit it, scared him.

"Wha-? I- Neither!" He sputtered. " I'm not a child Remus, I can handle whatever your fae throws at me"

"Well that's good to hear then-", the two turned to see Fairy Godmother come in with a brown drawstring pouch, a gold shiny powdery substance trickled out of it as the bowl sized bag was filled to the brim. "This should be quick and easy, no?" She placed the bag in a cubby on the nearest shelf. She turned back to look at her soon to be patient, there was a smirk on the fae's lips and a glint in her eye that sent a shudder down the Snake's spine. He could swear her eyes were glowing.

Deceit gulped, taking a step back; he bumped into the Duke.

Remus rolled his eyes and pushed him to sit on the bed. Before crossing his arms and glaring at the fairy. "Come on FG, don't freak him out, it won't be pretty. Those strings of his are sharper than my Morning-star's spikes"

Fairy Godmother pouted, crossing her own arms, though petulantly. "Hmf, now all three of you are picking on my fun-"

Remus shrugged before pointing the bag she had brought , " It looks like Remy already paid the gentry fee so you don't need to do that whole voodoo schtick with him"

The Fairy huffed, though the faint glow in her eyes did disappear, "very well, next time I expect a bit more time to tease my guests. It is supposed to be a big deal to meet a fae after all, some traditions must be kept", She smirked at the Duke before turning her attention to the Personality sitting on the bed. "You understand don't you?"

Deceit nodded, feeling less terrified than he had been mere seconds ago. Not liking that the fae had that sort of hold over him, he resorted to his usual tactic of self defense- his silver tongue. He gave her a smirk of his ows as he deflected. "Why of course, upholding traditions that encourage questionable reputations are exceptionally important. How else are the patrons to have doubts of whether or not it was a good idea to trust a fae?"